[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 3 won't recognise external disk drive[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I'm using an external disk drive with my Macbook Air. The computer itself recognises the disks - I downloaded them all onto my laptop using the disks. However, when I actually open Sims and it loads the main menu, it tells me there is no disk and I need to retry or quit. I've tried multiple times and it keeps happening. Any ideas?

@Bluebellflora please and thank you in advance

Message 91 of 248 (2,253 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't recognise external disk drive[Mac]

@nikkilola97

Please read the opening post in the stickied Mac disc error thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/td-p/4882518

Locking this thread but feel free to post in the linked thread if you need further help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 92 of 248 (2,241 Views)

Game won't Launch

★★★ Newbie

I have the Sims 3 seasons (and a few other expansion packs but seasons is what I'm playing on) and when I try to play the game it says that the disk isn't inserted and when I hit reply the same error keeps popping up. I just installed OS X El Capitan on my computer and thats the only thing I could think of that would affect my game. The same thing happened to one of my friends and she also has a macbook computer. This problem is really annoying so I would appreciate it if someone can give me an answer as to why this is happening and how to solve the problem. I was just playing the game yesterday before I installed the update so I know its not my game.

Message 93 of 248 (2,326 Views)

Re: Game won't Launch

@tswiftiskool

I have moved your post to this stickied thread specifically related to your disc error issue. Please read the opening post for further help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 94 of 248 (2,315 Views)

University Life "No disc inserted" when disc is in drive (mac)

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday I bought a copy of University Life. Install went fine, it goes all the way to the select a family screen for Sims, and then it says no disc even though the disc is inserted and running fine in the drive. 

I recently bought Supernatural as well and had no problems with that EP loading/playing. 

I have tried to contact EA support through chat, but I have been sitting here with the chat window open for about 9 hours now and noone answers. 

Please help!

Message 95 of 248 (1,429 Views)

Re: University Life "No disc inserted" when disc is in drive (mac)

Hero (Retired)

@huggyface

moved to the mac forums and if your having that much trouble contacting CS switch your browser if using safari,opera or chrome try Firefox

@Bluebellflora please and thank you in advance

Message 96 of 248 (1,460 Views)

Re: University Life "No disc inserted" when disc is in drive (mac)

@huggyface

Moving your post to the stickied thread related to disc error issues. Please read the opening post for more information.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 97 of 248 (1,457 Views)

My cd is unvalid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have OS X El Capitan (10.11)  for Mac, but I experienced this problem before upgrading to El Capitan. It worked for a few years after I bought it, but in the past 1-2 years a notification has been popping up right before I am able to select a family/neighborhood. 

EDIT (crin): Split your post and moved to Mac forum @CthrnV118

Message 98 of 248 (1,399 Views)

Re: My cd is unvalid

@CthrnV118

Please read the opening post in the stickied Mac disc error thread on this forum - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882518

Locking this thread but feel free to post in the linked thread if you need further help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 99 of 248 (1,385 Views)

SIMS 3 plus expansions will not load

★★ Newbie

SIMS ID: BehideTheSun5014

I do not think I am opted into ORGIN beta

OSX Version El Capitan Version 10.11.2

Processor Memory and Graphics: 2.5GHz Intel CORE i5 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Active Expansions: Pets, High-End Loft, and Late Night

Detail of what is occurring: I says that there is no disc when the disc is inserted (the disk is in perfect condition) and it won't let me play at all.

Attempted Trouble Shooting: Well, I was about to uninstall and reinstall until I saw that many MAC users are having the same issue so I'd rather not waist my time doing all of this if you guys are already working on the problem, but I assure you that I am very frustrated!! I've paid my hard earned money for these expansion packs and nothing works right now and I love SIMS so pleasepleaseplease HELP?!

Message 100 of 248 (1,397 Views)