Re: Expansion pack will not let me play Sims 3[Mac]

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Expansion pack will not let me play Sims 3[Mac]

@planteater90  I don't have teamviewer, and there's no one else around at this time of night.  But if you are in fact on a mac (this thread is in the mac section), the answer isn't complicated, and there's not much to work through.

The most recent versions of mac OS, I believe from El Capitan onwards, will fail to authenticate TS3 discs.  There's no way to get around this; the only way to play in mac OS these days is to install via Origin.  As your discs are secondhand, it's likely that the seller has already registered the codes, so you won't be able to add them to your Origin account.  In this case, you're unfortunately out of luck.

If you're running Windows, however, you may be able to force your system to authenticate the discs.  I'm not sure how to do this, as my Windows install is entirely digital, but I do believe it's possible.  However, EA doesn't endorse selling of discs or any secondhand use, so there's no official workaround to be had.  If you're looking for help, you might try a site like Mod the Sims that's unaffiliated with EA.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 241 of 248 (1,734 Views)

Re: Sims 3 University Life- No game disc found [Mac]

★★★ Novice

please help -- 

I wanted to play sims 3 because I haven't played in a very long time. I have it on origin and most of the expansion packs are redeemed codes from discs but not all of them. I had not problem redeeming the codes. I have downloaded them over and over again and I have tried to find this answer over and over but I can't find it. I only have the main game, island paradise, and generations installed right now. I know the problem is the mac updates, but I know there is an answer, just don't know where to find it. 

First when I downloaded it, it would say "unknown error occurred" before I could even get to the launcher. Then I tried this thing that skips the launcher (https://robservatory.com/how-to-make-sims-3-work-in-macos-sierra/) and I got to the screen where you choose a town. Once that screen was loaded I get a message saying "no disc found....." it is on origin so I don't have a disc. What do i do? This is a MacBook air

Message 242 of 248 (1,510 Views)

@mgrocks18  This is you, right?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Mac-book-air-sims/td-p/8191223

Let me know whether the Super Patch helps.

Message 243 of 248 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes lol i thought i deleted that. this account it the account where i play the game. that account was just an account i made because I didn't understand this

Message 244 of 248 (1,491 Views)

My Sims 3 Is Invalid???

★ Novice

I just recently got the disc version a few months ago, but I wanted to try the Origin version. It said I needed to have the disc, and I did. So, I put it in and it said it was invalid ( I got the starter pack base game from a local Walmart.). I need help with this problem. If anyone has had this happen to them and fixed it, can you give me the steps to fix it?

Message 245 of 248 (678 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 Is Invalid???

★ Novice

I tried everything on youtube and they never worked

Message 246 of 248 (675 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 Is Invalid???

@Jacksond9142009  The issue is that your OS can't validate the disc, not that the disc itself is broken.  Have you installed from Origin or from disc?  What's your patch level?  You can see it in the lower left corner of the launcher; please list the entire number.

Please also list the full specs of your Mac: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.  And let me know which packs you've installed and any you'd like to install but haven't yet.

Message 247 of 248 (658 Views)

Re: [Mac] "Disc Authorization Failure

★ Novice

Hi,

I've recently got the Sims 3 disc copy (starter pack because the local Walmart did not have just the base game on its own) to test it and see if I liked it, because if I didn't I would gift it to one of my cousins for their birthday,but it would give me the standard 'invalid disc copy' error even though it was updated to the latest build and the disc was the newest version. Then I got an EA account 2 months after to see if that would change the out come (it didn't), and I tried EVERYTHING to fix it (same outcome as the account). Finally I got the Origin copy by inputting the download code and I thought that it would FINALLY be working, but it said the ' please insert The Sims TM 3 disc'  error message that pops up if you try to play the Sims 3 without Origin and the disc. I didn't add Late Night or High End Loft Stuff at all when I got the Origin copy.

Message 248 of 248 (662 Views)