Re: Sims 3 University Life- No game disc found [Mac]

by BookQn16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

[ Edited ]

"Disc Authorization Failure – no game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 disc before proceeding"

"Disc Authorization Failure – we are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer service"

These disc errors have been a problem for Mac users playing The Sims 3 since it was released. Since upgrading to OS X El Capitan the number of users experiencing it has increased sharply. This is easily resolvable by uninstalling your latest (by release date) EP/SP and downloading the digital version from Origin. You don't need to purchase the EP/SP, you simply redeem your product codes in Origin and the game(s) will be available to you.

If you get the error message in Origin that your product code has already been used make sure you haven't previously registered the code under a different account. If you have you need to be logged in under that account. For merging accounts or code issues please contact EA customer support - For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

If you are still getting the error message after downloading and installing the EP then download and install the patch for the digital version of the game. If it still isn't working then completely uninstall your game and reinstall. For further help and instructions please read this guide.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 248 (138,007 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Mac] "Disc Authorization Failure

@GeorgeAndAlice

Uninstall your most recent EP then download and reinstall the digital version from Origin. Instructions here.

AHQSigImage.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 248 (164,552 Views)

All Replies

Sims 3 University Life- No game disc found [Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I got the Sims 3 Starter Pack (with Sims 3, Sims 3:Late Night, and Sims 3:High End Loft) and Sims 3 University Life, installed them, but it keeps saying there is no disc. I just got Supernatural and Pets (I thought it was just cause University was the last one I downloaded) and I went to play,the Supernatural icon popped up, and then disappeared and University Life icon pops in its place and it says theres no disc, please help. I have a Mac.

Message 1 of 248 (144,773 Views)

Hero

Do you have the actual disc version of Uni or do you have the download one ?

Also are you using Store content in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 248 (144,742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Disc and No.

Message 3 of 248 (144,728 Views)

Hero

Could you post the exact wording of the message you're getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 248 (144,720 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem but a little different but still wont let me play and my computer is hp

Message 5 of 248 (144,712 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Disc Authorization Failure"

"No game disc found! Please insert The Sims tm 3 University Life disc before proceeding."

The disc is in, I've taken it out and gone Nintendo on it (blowing off any dust and stuff the might've gotten in there) and it didn't work. I'm a newby at Sims, so question: Is there a way to change it from the University Life disc to another? I'm getting sick of the loading page, and icon.

Message 6 of 248 (144,711 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BookQn16 wrote:

"Disc Authorization Failure"

"No game disc found! Please insert The Sims tm 3 University Life disc before proceeding."

The disc is in, I've taken it out and gone Nintendo on it (blowing off any dust and stuff the might've gotten in there) and it didn't work. I'm a newby at Sims, so question: Is there a way to change it from the University Life disc to another? I'm getting sick of the loading page, and icon.

Hi

No, you always have to use the latest release disc in order to play the game. Out of the expansions you have mentioned, University Life is the most recent so that is the one the game will want to verify. See if any of the tips below help. If not, you may need to use Origin digital versions to avoid needing discs.

Caspin

Disc authorisation error - some possible solutions

Quite a lot of Mac simmers are plagued by an error messages stating that their disc cannot be verified and advising them to contact customer services. Sometimes this message comes up again and again, even though the disc is in the drive and is genuine, and it is very frustrating.

Things to try:

1. Check that you really do have the correct disc in the drive. To launch the game you should be using the latest disc in terms of release date (which may not necessarily be the last one that you installed). It's quite easy to pop in the wrong disc in error if you have a lot of expansions, so it's worth a quick check.

2. Examine the disc closely and see if there are any areas of damage such as small scratches. Ensure that the disc is clean and undamaged. If the disc is dirty or damaged it may stop functioning correctly. You can try to carefully clean the disc and then try again.

3. Ensure that your disc drive is working properly (it probably is fine, but let's rule out a problem with the actual drive). Try putting in a different disc, for example play a music CD or try a different DVD such as a film. Then you can be sure that it's only your TS3 disc that is a problem.

4. Sometimes the game is very temperamental. It will give the error message several times in a row, then will suddenly accept its authenticity and start working again. I've had this happen a few times for no apparent reason. Try popping the disc out and shut down your Mac. Restart and then pop the disc back in. Try to launch the game and see if works. Try this a few times and you might get lucky and find that it starts working again.

5. If you cannot get it to work, then you may wish to consider uninstalling the disc version of the game, then registering the game code on Origin so that you can download and install the digital version. This will not cost you any additional money because you already own a game code. Once you have installed a digital version of the game you will no longer need a disc (although you will instead have the potential hassle of using Origin).

Message 7 of 248 (144,706 Views)

[Mac] "Disc Authorization Failure

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I get this message when I try to load generations -  i am on a mac

"Disc Authorization Failure

We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer service."

Message 8 of 248 (137,550 Views)

Re: [Mac] "Disc Authorization Failure

@GeorgeAndAlice

Uninstall your most recent EP then download and reinstall the digital version from Origin. Instructions here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 248 (164,553 Views)