Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

@mtobin03

This tattoo and skin detail issue is absolutely specific to Mac. The problem is they are not copying across to different outfits once placed on a Sim. This can happen in Windows too but only when you use the randomise button. If you place a tattoo on your Sim it copies across to all outfits.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 181 of 292 (1,862 Views)

Re: My Skin Details Disappear after Every Look

★★★★★ Novice
@astrid5906 it's literally impossible to make new Island Living pack families with this bug... You'd think they'd have the bug fixed for the July patch but, nope ;( We don't even have an official update that it'll be fixed at all.
Message 182 of 292 (1,797 Views)

★★ Novice

Was there a solution found, im having the same problem and its annoying.

Message 183 of 292 (1,771 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ttamya100 As of the moment the only solution found is using the MC command Center mod (Rexetimperator found it) But from what we know as of the moment, is that the sims team knows about the issue and is looking into it more. We’re just going to have to wait for more updates and for a future patch to fix this.
Message 184 of 292 (1,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @3naSiming  I have MCCC and I still have the issue. Can you explain how I can use it to get rid of the problem?

Message 185 of 292 (1,745 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xxfroggy98 Hey there I haven’t tried it yet but here is exactly what @Rexetimperator said:

“This is how I did it, and I have done it several times without any problems.
You must be in-game (not CAS). Make sure your target Sim is wearing everyday outfit number one, and that this where you have set the skin details you want (you will have already done this in CAS).
Click on the target Sim. A menu with many options will appear. Click on the option: MC Command Cantre. A control panel will appear. Click on MC CAS. Another set of options will appear. Click on Copy/Paste... Click on Copy Skin Details. Now click on Paste Skin Details. Close MC Command Cantre by clicking on the x. Save your game.
Your Sim should now have the same skin details in every outfit. It won't work for tattoos or anything in the tattoo part of CAS.
Do not use keyboard shortcuts, just use the menu in MC Command Cantre.
I hope this works for you. It does for me.
Also, have fun with the other things MC Command Cantre can do now that you have it. It can be a bit complicated at first. Good luck!”
Message 186 of 292 (1,716 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey guess what. After the July update. This issue still stands. 

Great job EA. Standard smile 

Message 187 of 292 (1,587 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issues as everyone else, also since the update is anyone finding that whilst in CAS its seriously lagging. Mines that bad ive stopped playing.

Message 188 of 292 (1,541 Views)

@xxJosh26xx

We have a separate thread for the CAS lag issue since the June patch - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-CAS-lag-after-6-18-Update/m-p/7956312#M18107

Please could you click the Me Too button in the opening post in that thread and also quickly post which version of macOS you are running and which graphics chip your Mac has. This is the info that helps when trying to reproduce an issue and hopefully fix it Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 189 of 292 (1,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has been happening on my game as well. I have to go and edit skin details in every outfit category to have consistent skin details. (I also play on Mac)

Message 190 of 292 (1,500 Views)