Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MAC] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Island Living, Strangerville, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS mode on a created family, or create a new household in a created world.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to modify skin details (scars, freckles, wrinkles, etc.) or tattoos, the setting does not carry through to all outfits.
What do you expect to see? Tattoos and freckles to remain consistent through outfit changes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/18/19 patch

After patching the game I attempted to create a new sim through create new household. When I attempted to modify this sim's tattoos and skin details, the freckles, tattoos, and scars did not carry through to any of the other sims outfits. I trashed the sim and reset my EA folder entirely. I did not add my mods back into the fresh folder and I have never used CC. When creating a new sim on a fresh folder, the tattoos did carry through. After placing this sim in the world, I then attempted to modify Liberty Leigh in the BFF household on this fresh file. The tattoos did not carry through her outfits. However, when creating a new household in this world they did. I tried to test this as thoroughly as I possibly could, and it consistently occurs on any sim that has been previously created, and in some instances, new households being added into the world, but not all new households.

Also, when attempting to apply tattoos on an outfit by outfit basis, it is impossible to add tattoos to a hot or cold weather outfit, as when selecting tattoos when either is selected it displays, "No results found. Edit your filters to see more." There is no way to select or unselect filters from this screen however, so there is no way to apply a tattoo to a hot or cold weather outfit.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 1 of 292 (31,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [MAC] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Tattoos and Skin Details did not apply on Mac.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Please use this thread if you still have issues with tattoos on hot/cold outfit: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-No-Tattoos-in-Hot-Cold-Weather-Outfits/m-p/80864...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 290 of 292 (11,322 Views)

All Replies

Re: Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

Hero
@MrsKnitterknack Do you mean all premades or Sims downloaded from the gallery ? I just tried this on Bella Goth and can't duplicate this. Seems to work fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 292 (31,585 Views)

★ Guide

No, I just randomized a sim, plopped them down in a house, then tried to modify a different household from the edit household button in manage worlds.

Message 3 of 292 (31,580 Views)

Hero
@MrsKnitterknack Does it work if you use the mirror ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 292 (31,568 Views)

★ Guide

Nope, I tried with full edit both off and on.

Message 5 of 292 (31,563 Views)

Hero
@MrsKnitterknack This might actually be a Mac issue.

I have some other people that help me with testing right now. I'll get back to you (probably tomorrow).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 292 (31,551 Views)

★ Guide

No problem, thanks for being so helpful!

Message 7 of 292 (31,549 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Skin Details Vanish after Randomizing

★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem with skin details vanishing, but not after randomizing. For example, I put skin details on a sim, and when I click on their formal outfit or any other category, it vanishes. I even took all my mods out of my game and it still happens even in plain vanilla CAS. This also occurred right after the most recent patch (June 18th). Also, for this particular issue I would just put skin details on after you've finished randomizing. 

Message 8 of 292 (31,162 Views)

Hero
@MrsKnitterknack Seen few more reports on this now. Not sure yet if it's limited to Mac or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 292 (31,444 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I have had the same issue, except on a brand new save in a brand new saves folder, with no mods whatsoever and right after repairing the game. I jumped straight into CAS and my sim's vampire form didn't carry her skin details to all outfits, even inside the same category. I'm on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro.

Message 10 of 292 (31,402 Views)