Re: OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

@jessleemerari

Ok. And when you uninstalled the game did you just use the uninstaller or did you get rid of all the hidden files too? When uninstalling a lot of files are left behind in your Library folder which can interfere with a new installation.

Try uninstalling using the instructions above and then reinstalling. If it still won't work set up a new user account on your Mac and try and play in that.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 81 of 97 (966 Views)

★★★ Novice

I erased everything, I went through the hidden folders on the hidden library, I've done everything. Last thing they told me to do was to reinstall my OS, did that and nothing

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@jessleemerari

Ok. And when you uninstalled the game did you just use the uninstaller or did you get rid of all the hidden files too? When uninstalling a lot of files are left behind in your Library folder which can interfere with a new installation.

Try uninstalling using the instructions above and then reinstalling. If it still won't work set up a new user account on your Mac and try and play in that.

Message 82 of 97 (943 Views)

@jessleemerari

And what about when you set up an additional user account on your Mac and tried to play logged into that account?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 83 of 97 (932 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@jessleemerari

And what about when you set up an additional user account on your Mac and tried to play logged into that account?

Done already that, twice, and nothing. Now someone contacted me and told me that a file that i sent over a month and a half ago, was in an incorrect format, so they didn't even paid attention nor worked with what I sent so many time ago. Im beyond frustrated with this experience.

Message 84 of 97 (920 Views)

@jessleemerari

What file are you talking about? Was it a save file? And who did you send it to, EA customer support?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 85 of 97 (914 Views)

★ Novice

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac10,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

Memory: 4 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

Origin won't even start up anymore.. When I click it, it automatically freezes. 

Message 86 of 97 (871 Views)

@donavan2346

Please try using the reset Origin tool - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 87 of 97 (848 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]OS X El Capitan, The Sims 4 and NVIDIA graphics cards

★ Novice
  • Model: 27-inch
  • Year:  Late 2012
  • Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
  • RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB

My Sims 4 was working fine until OS X El Capitan update. I have deleted the majority of my families, lowered the graphic settings, lessened resolution, and now I can't even play the game for 10 minutes without it freezing everything up. I am extremely frustrated. 

Message 88 of 97 (828 Views)

Re: [Mac] OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Has EA released any possible update/fix for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB users. I haven't even been able to play once, bought the game in December.

This 

is

torture

Devil

Message 89 of 97 (767 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is beyond acceptable. I haven't been able to play this game at all. I've followed every single recommendation given through here and through technical support and NOTHING have worked so far. My game freezes, and I don't think is Origin, I think is directly related to the game. It stays is not responding and forces me to quit the game. I've been having this problem since early February and I think is enough time for this matter to be resolved.

Message 90 of 97 (733 Views)