Re: SIMS 4 Graphics Bug

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Mac] OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
i keep trying to download the sims 4 digital version and every time i try to download it downloads for a minute and gets me like 1% download but then it goes to zero bytes and doesnt work! i dont know what to do and i really want to fix it! I want to play the game so bad but by this rate ill have to wait till 2016 to play it. I have a macbook air and its updated so please someone help.

Message 51 of 97 (1,065 Views)

Re: [Mac] OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

My specs iMac late 2012 21,5 inc
Intel Core i5
Скорость процессора: 2,7 ghz
4 core
memory 8 gb

OS X 10.11.2

Nvidia GeForce GT 640M 512 mb

I did't make clean install

I have Get to work and Spooky stuff

Message 52 of 97 (1,045 Views)

SIMS 4 Graphics Bug

★ Novice

After about 5-10 minutes of playing i am experiencing a graphical issue that will either cause my game to permanently have graphical issues until restart (of game), or freeze and crash of my game. Been happening since the beginning of December. Just experiencing on mac. Have been running sims 4 in BootCamp in my mac and zero problems have occurred. I would like to be able to play my game in my main OS on my mac rather than duel booting. Kinda annoying. My specs are below as well as a photo of the issue. 

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac13,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Message 53 of 97 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Moved to mac forum for better help @morganb1996

@Bluebellflora

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 97 (990 Views)

@morganb1996

I've added your post to this El Capitan thread, I'm assuming you're running El Capitan? If not I can move it back but your Mac is exhibiting the issues that others are reporting in this thread. Please read the second post. Unfortunately EA have not released a fix yet.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 55 of 97 (984 Views)

Re: OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

★ Novice

Hi, I just got a new MacBook Pro and I really want to get The Sims 4 but after reading through this thread I'm concerned it won't work and I'm afraid to spend money on it and then have it not run. I don't know if it's possible but would anyone be able to tell me if I'll be able to install and run the game? Or if someone has similar specs to my computer, does it work for you? I know I meet the requirements to technically run the game but I've seen people here say they still had trouble because of El Capitan, etc.

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.2

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Thanks if anyone can help!

Message 56 of 97 (953 Views)

@ashellgame

The trouble with El Capitan and the game is only relevant if you have one of the specific NVIDIA graphics cards. You don't so you should be fine.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 57 of 97 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

disregard, i didn't read properly, my bad ;(

Message 58 of 97 (935 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora thank you so much Standard smile

Message 59 of 97 (930 Views)

Constant excessive crashing

★★★ Newbie
My game crashes anytime i do anything. I have no mods in my game. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled. The quality settings are not all high. If i want to place a lot it crashes. If i want to furnish a lot it crashes. If i want to change neighborhoods it crashes. Build mode it crashes. I cant play the game at all. Before I got the get together expansion I had no issues.
Message 60 of 97 (836 Views)