Re: [Mac] OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

by aliah310

Original Post

★★ Novice

No sadly, did the update today and played my usual family that always crashes on their business lot. Same vmap password thing came up and froze the game. I will try on a brand new game to see if its any better.

Message 21 of 97 (3,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@CHRIST911TheOne

As @Freggi-Liz has pointed out, you're running the beta version of the new update which isn't supported. Furthermore, Apple have actually changed something significant in the next update, 10.11.1, that currently renders Sims 4 unplayable until EA release a patch for it. You're only option to get the game working is to download and install the current 10.11 version from the App Store.

Apparently all versions of 10.11 render Sims 4 unplayable. Origin won't even open on 10.11. It remains stuck on the helper install loop.

If there is a way to play the Sims 4 without Origin then I would love to know how. Otherwise Mac owners that play Sims 4 have really gotten the short end of the stick on this release. 

Specs:

iMac, Late 2012

3.4 GHz i7

8GB DDR3

NVIDA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11

Message 22 of 97 (3,125 Views)

@naszilla

That's not actually true. A quick look at the official forums will show that most of us are happily playing Sims 4 on our Macs. There were issues with the beta versions of El Capitan but Origin works fine on the final release, as it does on the update, 10.11.1. Initially Origin didn't work on the first beta release of 10.11.1 but with the second beta it started working again. If you are also referring to the Permission Helper Tool error in another thread on here, that is a strange one but it appears that an upgrade to El Capitan and then an uninstall and reinstall of Origin can possibly fix it.

There is however an issue with some NVIDIA 6xx series graphics cards and the game (NOT Origin). You can see this listed in the second post on this thread. Yours is one of the ones already listed. EA are aware of this and hopefully will fix it in the next patch. Super irritating I know but at the moment there is no fix. And the game has to be played through Origin.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 23 of 97 (3,117 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since upgrading to El Captain, I cannot connect to the Sims 4 Gallery or use any of the online features even though my internet connection is fine :/

I have a Macbook Air 11", Sims 4 has always run smoothly with no issues in the past.

Message 24 of 97 (3,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora I didn't say we didn't enjoy playing the game, but we get the short end of the stick every time with this game. 

While I did uninstall and reinstall Origin after updating El Capitan, it still did not work and I ran into the same problems. 

It is apparently my graphics card which I was fortunate to get the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

Message 25 of 97 (3,087 Views)

★ Novice

I Have the Same Issue and it's Annoying! 

Message 26 of 97 (3,053 Views)

★ Novice

Crushes all the time Frown

Message 27 of 97 (3,036 Views)

@aspirin333

Your Mac doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game, the processor and graphics card aren't powerful enough.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 28 of 97 (3,032 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

My sims 4 game keeps crashing. I haven't played in a while and when I came back, my game crashed and alley cc was gone. I tried to redo my cc in the mods folder, it doesn't work. So I opted to play w/o. well, my game still crashes. I have downloaded and installed sims 4 multiple times and it is still crashing. I have a mac 15" 2013 el capitan. I have read previous things about the problem is El capitan. Can someone help me.

Message 29 of 97 (3,001 Views)

@aliah310

If you haven't played in a while the chances are your game installed an update when you went to play it again. Did you move your CC and Mods out before updating? 

Can you please be more specific as to which Mac you have. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on More Info depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?
- Do you have Time Machine/Spotify/Dropbox or similar running?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 30 of 97 (2,994 Views)