Re: [Mac] OS X El Capitan and The Sims 4

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

@CHRIST911TheOne

As @Freggi-Liz has pointed out, you're running the beta version of the new update which isn't supported. Furthermore, Apple have actually changed something significant in the next update, 10.11.1, that currently renders Sims 4 unplayable until EA release a patch for it. You're only option to get the game working is to download and install the current 10.11 version from the App Store.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 97 (2,334 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Alright thanks for the help Standard smile 

Message 12 of 97 (2,324 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Alright I'll make sure to do that, thanks  Standard smile 

Message 13 of 97 (2,323 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Not sure if this is El Capitan-related, but my game packs and stuff packs won't show as purchased anymore. It isn't greyed out, but the green plus-sign has returned. I tried checking online but my packs aren't registered as purchased online either, but it might be because I bought the packs as a bundle from Amazon: Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, and Spa Day.

Trying to get in touch with an EA Game Advisor is impossible right now as I've been waiting for over an hour, even though they said it should take less than 5 minutes, so I'm trying my luck here in hopes that someone has experienced the same as me.

After upgrading to El Capitan, Origin did an update that may have gone south. It asked me twice for permission to make changes to my game files, which I found a bit weird, but didn't consider important. When I started Sims 4 yesterday, Origin said it would be downloading gaming content in the background, but I just quit the client as I was in offline mode and thought it was just a small gaming patch that I wouldn't be able to download until I got internet access again anyways. I still don't see how this can just nullify my purchases though, so any help would be appreciated.

This might not even be relevant, but:

Macbook Pro Retina

Intel Core i5

Memory: 4GB

Graphics: Intel Iris

Message 14 of 97 (2,308 Views)

@Zipanu

Please can you try a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin? Instructions here - http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 15 of 97 (2,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora

I tried, and that only resulted in my stuff packs and game packs being greyed out and they are still listed as unpurchased/locked. This is getting quite annoying, so I'll try to get in touch with an EA Advisor when I get internet at home again. Thank you for trying though.

Additionally, I realised I have the exact same problem with my Sims 3 expansion packs. However, the Dead Space DLC is still listed as owned, so only my Mac game expansions seem to be affected by this.

Message 16 of 97 (2,290 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Zipanu

Do you have all games and all platforms showing in the drop downs?

Show All Games

You can contact EA customer support here - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 97 (2,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora

Yes, it's apparently the default setting to show all games.

Thank you. I'll see if I can get in touch with them tomorrow.

Update: Called Origin. Guy tried to add my packs manually, but told me he had to move it up in the system. Got an email the following day saying they're sorry that I experience the problems I do, but that I have to contact the seller. No explanation neither here nor there. Contacted seller. Got an immediate refund. Origin uninstalled. Problem solved.

Message 18 of 97 (2,283 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi this is my model: Late 2012 21" iMac - Model Identifier 13,1
with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
Upgraded from Yosemite, and regretting it entirely.

I have Sims4, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Spooky stuff, Spa day

Having several issues, huge graphical glitches, crashes (to desktop, freeze, black screen, even completely logging out my user). It also sometimes brings up a dialog box that asks me for a password stating "vmap needs permission to continue to debug" if I hit cancel it brings up the same thing but for developer tools. Then freezes immediately, this mainly happens when I visit other lots via travel.

Also Origin is not working properly for me, I can start games (even though they crash later), but the store is stuck on one page and just keeps refreshing.

Super frustrating and hope there's a fix soon for my graphics card.... Frown

Any suggestions in the meantime?

Message 19 of 97 (2,128 Views)

@GammaQueen

No patch yet. Has the latest 10.11.1 update from Apple helped at all?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 97 (2,117 Views)