Re: CC not showing up in game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

CC not showing up in game

★★★ Newbie

I have a mac and my sims 4 game is up to date. My game options menu shows that cc and script mods are enabled and when the opening menu showing my cc pops up, all the stuff is there but it won't show up in CAS or in game. I do not have sub folders and i only have package mods. 

Message 1 of 4 (390 Views)

@marinadelrey55  If you just patched your game, it's likely that one or more mods are not compatible with the latest update.  You can play without mods and cc for now, or you can check the websites where you found themt to see if the creators are working on updating their content.  Sometimes it takes a few days; other times, the creators never bother.  Some content is probably fine, but you won't know unless you check its sources or test everything yourself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved all of my pre-existing mods out of my folder and tried downloading them again to make sure it's up to date but it still won't show up so I don't the it's a problem with my cc, I think it's with my game. Any suggestion? 

Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)

@marinadelrey55  Some of the mods might not have been updated yet, depending on whether the creators have had the time to check their work against the latest patch.  But whether the problem is your mods or something else, you can drag your entire TS4 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (It might be useful to reset Origin right before generating the clean folder, and it certainly wouldn't hurt; see the link below.)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

In this clean folder, you can start a fresh save test your mods and cc in batches—any batch that shows up and works properly in-game is fine, and any batch that doesn't needs to be split up and tested again.  Keep testing until you've found the cause of your issue.  Once you've identified the working mods and cc and collected them in the new folder, you can move over your saves and other content from the old folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (336 Views)