CC not showing up in game.

by english_horse3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC not showing up in game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been using custom content in sims for one maybe 2 years. Recently, I changed from a PC to a Mac and everything seemed fine at first. However, after I started downloading CC, some of it wasn't showing up. I've tried re-downloading it, unzipping it, removing it, etc. It's becoming frustrating that more than half of the objects I spent hours downloading aren't showing up. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Message 1 of 5 (729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC not showing up in game.

@english_horse3

Great, so the location is correct. Yes, all CC needs to be unzipped. You can download apps to unzip Rar and 7z if the built in utility won't. My personal favourite is The Unarchiver.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (681 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a Mac issue.

@english_horse3  Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (716 Views)

@english_horse3

Please click on one of the CC items to highlight it then hold down CMD and press i to bring up the info window. Please can you copy and paste the file path to the item here? It can be found under the General section > Where. You don't have to give your user account name, just put something random there Standard smile

Are you totally sure the CC you are using is fully compatible with the current patch level of the game? And that the CC files end in .package?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 5 (691 Views)

★★★ Novice
The path is /Users/myname/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods
Yes, i'm sure the CC is compatible with the current patch. The ones I don't think are in the game are .rar or .7z - haven't realized that until now.
Message 4 of 5 (680 Views)

@english_horse3

Great, so the location is correct. Yes, all CC needs to be unzipped. You can download apps to unzip Rar and 7z if the built in utility won't. My personal favourite is The Unarchiver.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 5 (682 Views)