Re: Black Screen When Starting Sims 3[Mac]

by grehgg

Original Post

@Isabel5821

iTunes is in no way linked to the game at all. Can you go into Documents > Electronic Arts and move the Sims 3 folder to you desktop, then try and load the game again. What happens?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 15 (721 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happened with me recently, too. If you have any CC, a piece of broken CC is probably the cause. Take out half of your mods folder, and try to start. If it doesn't start, do it again with the other half until the game starts. Unfortunately you will have to delete that half of CC, but it's better than a broken game in my opinion!

Message 12 of 15 (709 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I use the manual patch?

Message 13 of 15 (595 Views)

@esnow09

The link to the manual patch (super patch) is in my signature below. Full instructions are also provided Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 15 (589 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes! i have the same exact problem i stopped playing sims 3 on my mac. buttttt thing is sims 3 overall done in 9/1/14 so basically during that time imacs,macbooks,mac mini's etc had the new yosemite update. so far 10/6/14 was the date/day of it. i had an old imac running on lion/ 10.7.5 the game is self has been running on that style since 2009 the sims 3 game would have worked fine if apple had kept stuff from the other software they had because the prosser was way changed in that case if apple had put it on the appstore like sims 2 (mac appstore) they would have changed stuff because ea can't just put it in to appstore. as of 2016-20**? sims 4 is a great game cc is way better in the game and maxis match in the ts4 helps so much..

or

most likely if you use a cd thats why with origin updating and no more sims 3 updates thats why. you have all your game codes etc go to origin.com and sign up or if you have an EA account just use that info. so when you download it open it install it etc you know the rest so when you there go to games and search sims 3 then put in your game codes. and it will instal make sure you (REMOVE YOUR DISC AND UNINSTALL BEFORE DOING THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY GAME CURRENTLY SAVED OR CUSTOM CONTENT TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR FOLDER AND LEAVE IT ON YOUR DESKTOP IF YOU WANT TO USE IT LATER ON OR DELETE IT IF YOU WANT TO START FRESH) it should work ea/origin has not yet solved this but the unknown error is fixed you may find that on youtube.

- THANK YOU FELLOW SIMMERS FOR READING

Message 15 of 15 (430 Views)