Re: All purchased packs disappeared!

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

All purchased packs disappeared!

★ Novice
All purchased packs have disappeared. When we open up Sims 4, an error has occurred, and if you save, you lose all data. We can not enter and play any games because then the same information will be displayed.
Message 1 of 10 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mejiz

Please run the Origin reset tool then try again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 10 (998 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you, we tested it and everything came back but another problem occurred instead. We had to install a new update and then we had to uninstall Origin to reinstall it. Then the game worked, but after 1 hour of play, it started hacking and the sound disappeared. We then closed the game and the computer. Then we went back in but the same problem persists. Suggestions of what happened?
Message 3 of 10 (982 Views)

@Mejiz

You could try the super repair, it fixes a whole host of issues:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

And there's no limit to the amount of times you can run the reset tool, it also fixes a lot of issues Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 10 (968 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks again, but it did not work either! I have done it several times. When we open the game there is no sound and we have to double-click both to enter the game and to play. When we come in and play, everything is hacking. Do you have any idea of what has happened?
Message 5 of 10 (937 Views)

@Mejiz

Go into Documents > Electronic Arts and move the Sims 4 folder to your desktop. Now launch your game, it will be like new with no saves, CC etc. don't worry all your saves are safe in the folder you moved. Can you play for a few minutes and report back how it performs?

Please can you also provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 10 (926 Views)

★ Novice
Hi. I did as you said but it does not work anyway. We have to double-click to enter the game and no sound. Any new suggestion? Should I put back the folder in documents again?
Message 7 of 10 (861 Views)

@Mejiz

Can you please provide the info asked for in my previous post about your Mac?

If creating a new Sims 4 folder doesn't fix the problem then you may as well put the old one back.

Set up a new user account on your Mac and see if playing in that account makes a difference.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 10 (855 Views)

★ Novice
Yes, we tried to start a new world and characters, but it still has to double-click and the sound is gone. So, unfortunately, it does not work.
Message 9 of 10 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mejiz

And what happens when you set up a new user account on your Mac and try in that, still the same issue? This problem is not common and seems entirely random. Setting up a new user account will check whether your issue is caused by something running/corrupted etc. in your current user account.

I don't really understand why you're so reluctant to provide your Mac details though?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 10 (836 Views)