how to move

by Victoria1967

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to move

★★★ Newbie
I was married on the game and I got divorced and I deleted my husband and I married another SIM but my toddler is still at the original house how do I move myself and my new husband back in with my toddler
Message 1 of 11 (668 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how to move

Hero (Retired)

@mousemade

You can try making the toddler and mother best friends through social interaction and you should get the option "ask to be adopted," once you get this option you will be able to adopt your toddler. Once adopted you can then move the family into the house. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (604 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have a similar issue, moved my female sim into a different house, but toddler did not move with her. So I "broke up" the couple hoping that would move my female back into her original house with her toddler. But it didn't. How do I get my female to move back into her house with her toddler?

Message 2 of 11 (602 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mousemade

You can try making the toddler and mother best friends through social interaction and you should get the option "ask to be adopted," once you get this option you will be able to adopt your toddler. Once adopted you can then move the family into the house. 

Message 3 of 11 (605 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the suggestion, but they are already best friends and there is no option for adoption. 😩

I have tried making the mother and the male sim she moved in with enemies in hopes that would move her back, but that didn't work either. 

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! 

Thank you! 

Message 4 of 11 (584 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mousemade

Well you could send the toddler to the house where the mother lives and just keep the toddler there. Or send the mother to the house where the toddler lives. It's not a fix just a work around. Other than that I'm not sure there is a fix. So in your social options between the two is there a pick "ask to move in"

Message 5 of 11 (579 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mousemade

I just remembered another way you could do this. If your couple were still together you could have the toddler become best friends with the new husband and then I think you would get the option "ask to be adopted"  however it is important that you only choose this option when your sims are in the house you want them to live in.

Message 6 of 11 (576 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Martha... I'll give this a try! I never thought of that! It's going to take a while, but I'll let you know if it worked! 

👍😊

Message 7 of 11 (571 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @mousemade

Please do let me know if this works. A lot of players have had this problem so anything we can do to solve it would be great.

Message 8 of 11 (557 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Martha

sad news 😩 It didn't work. I got the couple back together, and they even got married! Then they went to the toddlers house and became best friends with the toddler, but still no option for adoption. 😭 I am at a loss as to what to do to get this couple as a family with her as the mother of the toddler and him as the new husband. Grrrrrr 

Any other suggestions out there??!!!! 

Message 9 of 11 (546 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mousemade

I have one more suggestion if you want to try it. Divorce your couple again, then check the social options with the man and toddler. If you've got the option to adopt the have him adopt the toddler at the house you want them to live in then build your relationship back between the man and women.

if you don't get the option for the man to adopt the toddler then try breaking down and rebuilding their relationship to see if you get it.

If this doesn't work I'm out of suggestions and can only recommend you just send your toddler to e house where you couple lives. Even though he will not officially liver there he won't leave unless you send him somewhere.

Message 10 of 11 (542 Views)