To log in with Facebook, please enable Tracking in your Apple iOS settings

by SweetBabyMayca

Original Post

Accepted Solution

To log in with Facebook, please enable Tracking in your Apple iOS settings

★★★ Novice

i just deleted the sims free game from my iPhone and installed it again. Now i want to log in with facebook so i could restore my game. but i still get this message. My tracking is On, so why do i still get this message, 

I rebooted my phone already it has the new latest software iOS 14.4.1

So why can't i connect my game?

Message 1 of 48 (26,406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: To log in with Facebook, please enable Tracking in your Apple iOS settings

iOS 14.5.1 seems to have fixed the issue for some

if you can, update your iPhone/iPad to 14.5.1

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 35 of 48 (22,446 Views)

All Replies

Do you have the FB app on your device?

If yes, delete it and try to connect through the browser instead

Perhaps delete FreePlay from FB apps and Websites and re-add it and give it new permissions?

Arrow down, top right in a browser when you're in FB

Settings & Privacy: Settings: Apps and Websites: FreePlay

Do not forget to set yourself visible to friends when you're in Apps and Websites: FreePlay

Do you have the game connected through Game Center?

If yes, have you tried connecting that way?

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you other than give advice

Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 48 (26,285 Views)

★★★ Novice
@minicha-em thanks I tried that already.. still doesn't work. I can not connected my game to FB cause it still ask me to turn on my apple iOS tracking. While this already is on. so now I don't know how to load my game. am already connected to Game Center en to Apple ID
Just the FB won't work.. (see the pictures I send before)
Message 3 of 48 (26,234 Views)

@SweetBabyMayca 

This really isn't my area of expertise but unfortunately I am the only one here so I try the best I can

You can't restore the game from Game Center alone?

I do play on an Apple device and I am connected through GC

but I am also connected to FB so I am not sure if you can or cannot connect through GC alone and restore the game

I updated to iOS 14.4.1 but nothing says anything about turning on tracking

the game is updated to Version 5.58.3 (H865) Save 550 Push 2588 (3 ..., i , about, scroll all the way down) 

Is it maybe regional, only certain countries that require tracking?

I honestly do not know, What happens if you turn off the tracking?

I think support can help you better than I can for this issue

I'll link it below

Good luck

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you

Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 48 (26,216 Views)

★★★ Novice
@minicha-em hy thank you i finally could load the game.. so now I can only safe it with my Apple ID and Game Center.. nothing yet with Facebook, at least I can play again.. will see in the future how I wil do it with my FB ..

thanks anyways for your help.
Message 5 of 48 (26,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have literally tried everything from deleting apps to wiping my tablet and starting fresh. All trackings are on. Many of us are having the same issue. After some digging I have figured a communality. Sims Freeplay has been removed from the apps and websites section under Facebook settings and there is nothing to link it back. 

Message 6 of 48 (26,151 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem, I can’t have my game back. I’ve had my game since 2011...
What can I do???
Message 7 of 48 (26,134 Views)

Thank you @Joygeee001 

FB have made a lot of changes lately, so this might be it

I wouldn't necessarily put this on EA/Firemonkeys - other than they give us no other, better, way to connect the game like through an EA account

Facebook is not a good way to connect, IMO, since the primary function of FB is not games it gets low priority if it doesn't work, which is often

Game Center and Google Play have reduced their services to a degree which it nearly impossible to have friends

Please @SweetBabyMayca and @SophiGeetee 

Check your FaceBook settings as Joygee's pics show

Make sure you have FreePlay in your apps & Websites

Also click FreePlay and set permission so it says Friends (not Only me) so you're on your neighbours Party Boats

I know it can be difficult to re-add a game through the FB app, so delete FB app and connect through a browser (safari, chrome, edge etc) if the app don't respond

If successful you can reinstall the FB app, a difficult way to do it but I have done that multiple times when disconnected

Putting a tag on @EA_Lanna so they're aware and maybe look into it?

D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 48 (26,118 Views)

★★ Novice

I had that issue as well at first where I couldn’t access the game. You need to by-pass the log in portion. If you have saved your game to the cloud, then delete the game, reinstall and by pass the log in. You will not have access to neighbors aka the party boat, but you will still be able to play the game. Took me two days to figure this out. 

Message 9 of 48 (26,093 Views)

★★ Novice

I also deleted my fb app and tried to connect through the web browser and it still wouldn’t work. I feel like it’s an issue on Facebooks end for sure, but it’s frustrating. I finally figured out how to bypass the login to get to my game, but I just don’t have access to neighbors. Which is extremely frustrating. 

Message 10 of 48 (26,091 Views)