[The Sims FreePlay] Unable to connect via icould

by ifzaidi187

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[The Sims FreePlay] Unable to connect via icould

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I have been playing 'The Sims Freeplay' application ever since I purchased an Iphone and am very much enjoying it. The only problem I have experienced so far is that it has not been uploading my game to allow me to download it via icould on to my ipad. I have tried resetting, restoring and restarting my phone, but nothing seems to work. Could you please fix this or advise me on what to do. This is one of the features that I like about this game. 

Thank you for your help in this matter,

Message 2 of 15 (59,512 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [The Sims FreePlay] Unable to connect via icould

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

If you are unable to upload/save data to the cloud, please check this solution provided by Nina:

Hi everyone, 

It seems that the most common remedy for this issue is to disable Game Center from your Account Manager until you have uploaded your save data. 

If all previous suggestions fail, please try Toya Jones' solution that worked for her after everything else had not helped: 

1. Remove the Sims FreePlay app via the privacy settings on Facebook first 
2. Delete the Facebook app from the device 
3. Log out of Game Center inside the Game Center application 
4. Ensure that Game Center is disabled in the Sims FreePlay Account Manager also 
5. Turn the device OFF 
6. Reboot your device/turn it back ON 
7. Open the Sims FreePlay and go straight to the Cloud options (not the Account Manager) 
8. You will be notified that you need to log in to Facebook and should be redirected to Facebook via Safari 
9. Log in to your Facebook account via the Login button at the top, this will redirect you back to the Sims FreePlay 
10. You should be redirected back to the Cloud screen and have the option to upload or download your save data 
11. Try uploading your save data to verify that the connection is complete 
12. Log back in to Game Center in the Account Manager if you like 

I hope this helps those of you whom are still having trouble. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to many of you. I will follow up this issue with the development team to ensure that it is being looked at to avoid having this workaround. Thank you all for your patience

(Source)

[Several similar questions have been merged in this topic and this message has been accepted as solution to increase its visibility]

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (63,454 Views)

All Replies

[The Sims FreePlay] Can't save data

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Hi

///////THIS QUESTION IS REGARDING THE SIMS FREE PLAY ipad version////////

Since I updated my game one or two months ago, I have been experiencing problem uploading my saved data. Just now, I installed another update from the AppStore but the problem still exists. It keeps saying "cannot connect to server" (I do have Internet connection and the game runs fine). Can you please instruct me solving the issue or do I have to delete and reinstal the application?

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 15 (59,277 Views)

Sims freeplay

★★★ Newbie

Hi a

i am trying to save my data to the cloud but it keeps coming up with a Facebook login is required to use this action! When I check I am signed into Facebook but when I try again it keeps sayin same thing. I really need to save my data as our iPad is faulty and needs to be sent off or replaced. Please help ASAPASAP

Message 3 of 15 (64,535 Views)

[The Sims FreePlay] About Surnames and iCloud connection

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I'd like to ask how I can change my Sims back to their original surnames? I had two sims moved together but then I had them broke up and one of the sims moved back to her own house, but her last name still remained the same as the person she moved in with earlier on. So how can I change her surname back to her "maiden" name?

Moreover, I tried to save the game on iCloud, and the system required me to login to Facebook, which I did. But whenever I tried to use iCloud, it kept redirecting me back to the accounts page and asking me to login, which I already did and even the Facebook box showed my name already (but with a red exclamation mark on the right). So what should I do now? Because without the iCloud to save the game, I've already lost process once. ><

Message 4 of 15 (59,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

If you are unable to upload/save data to the cloud, please check this solution provided by Nina:

Hi everyone, 

It seems that the most common remedy for this issue is to disable Game Center from your Account Manager until you have uploaded your save data. 

If all previous suggestions fail, please try Toya Jones' solution that worked for her after everything else had not helped: 

1. Remove the Sims FreePlay app via the privacy settings on Facebook first 
2. Delete the Facebook app from the device 
3. Log out of Game Center inside the Game Center application 
4. Ensure that Game Center is disabled in the Sims FreePlay Account Manager also 
5. Turn the device OFF 
6. Reboot your device/turn it back ON 
7. Open the Sims FreePlay and go straight to the Cloud options (not the Account Manager) 
8. You will be notified that you need to log in to Facebook and should be redirected to Facebook via Safari 
9. Log in to your Facebook account via the Login button at the top, this will redirect you back to the Sims FreePlay 
10. You should be redirected back to the Cloud screen and have the option to upload or download your save data 
11. Try uploading your save data to verify that the connection is complete 
12. Log back in to Game Center in the Account Manager if you like 

I hope this helps those of you whom are still having trouble. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to many of you. I will follow up this issue with the development team to ensure that it is being looked at to avoid having this workaround. Thank you all for your patience

(Source)

[Several similar questions have been merged in this topic and this message has been accepted as solution to increase its visibility]

Message 5 of 15 (63,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I attempted this as I was unable to download my current save game after having to re-install Sims Freeplay but it is telling me that I have no save data in the cloud... Which is making me very nervous. Does this mean that I lost my entire game??

Message 6 of 15 (58,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Message 7 of 15 (58,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed the instruction, but I can't still connect to icloud or access the party boat.....

Message 8 of 15 (58,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've just got an iPad mini and although my data is saved to the cloud from my iPhone, the data is unavailable on my iPad.
Message 9 of 15 (57,624 Views)

Re: Sims freeplay

★★★ Newbie
You need to sign in settings... Go to settings scroll down till u see facebook and sign in there.
Message 10 of 15 (47,135 Views)