The Sims FreePlay - Connect with Neighbours

by minicha-em

Original Post

The Sims FreePlay - Connect with Neighbours

[ Edited ]

Sul, sul everybody! 

Welcome to the new, updated thread for finding Neighbours.  

How to use this thread

Simples!! Just add a post below and start connecting. Large smile There are some things to include in your post that will make connecting with others more fluid. Please use our check list below to make sure you've got the necessities in your post. Wink 

1. Include the method of connection you use. For example Facebook, Game Center or Google Play
    • For FaceBook  please be sure to ask for a DM if you'd like to become neighbours. You can send a DM by hoovering over a members profile pic and clicking "send message" in the bottom left.)
    • EDIT i am sorry to say that AHQ does not allow emails in DMs either, so there is no way to connect via Game Center on AHQ
  2. Add a bit about yourself. Some like to include level and Town Value for example, or you might want to say where your SP house is located and what might be missing.

Once you've got the necessities included, the next step is adding your new friends. How you ask? We got you covered!! Read on...

How do I add friends?

Currently (June of 2020) the only way to have friends in The Sims FreePlay (SFP) is FaceBook (FB), Game Center (GC) or Google Play (GP). Before I go into the how's, please be aware of the following: 

• As FaceBook and Game Center includes disclosing personal information, I do not recommend ❌posting links to your FB account, ❌your phone number or ❌email on this WORLD WIDE OPEN forum. It is not safe for you.
  • Google Play players can safely ✔️ post their nicks.

**Note: When it comes to me, I'm afraid my Party Boat is full which means I can't accept any more connections. I'd ask members NOT to send me a DM about adding you as a result but thanks in advance for wanting to connect. 

FaceBook

• Add them as friends on FB and they'll soon be at your Party Boat.
  • I recommend that you join a closed FB group for SimsFreePlay
  • Log into FB and search for "SimsFreePlay" and choose a group (or more) that you think suits you
  • Choose a closed one, ask to become a member, the point is so that random (non gaming) people can not send you request (or spam you with illicit junk) and those from your group, you can vet them by looking at their profiles and if they behave inappropriate, you can report them to the Group Admin and of course block them.

Game Center (iOS users)

• Go to settings on your device (not in the game)
  • Scroll down to Game Center
  • Select add friend
  • Enter phone number/email or choose from your contact list
  • For a visual guide, click on the spoiler tag below
Spoiler
3ED04EB3-64FD-42BD-B5B3-7E11C6AF63E7.jpeg

Google Play (Android users)

• Open Google Play app
  • Go to your profile, bottom right
  • Swipe so you get the Friend menu
  • Enter nickname to send out an invite
  • For a visual guide, click on the spoiler tag below
Spoiler
57E341D9-632C-46E9-8A4E-9D1DD56A624A.jpeg

Social Point Houses and Neighbours

Many have a Social Point (SP) house, specifically build for the neighbours to do tasks. I will list what items you need in your SP house and some things to take into consideration, if you'd like to build one. Standard smile

SP House Objects and Items you need

Note: I will not list objects that can not be placed in a normal house, like the Snowboard in the Snow Park or the Fishing rod at the Park and Deer Falls Spring

Spoiler

Auction Podium

Bathtub

BBQ 

Bed

Bookcase

Cat

Coffee Machine – Not the Café Grande one, preteens can not use them

Computer

Couch

Diving Board 

Dog

Easel

Fashion Studio

Fire Hydrant

Firepole

Fooseball Table

Garden Patch + Sim Eating Plant – Placed in the back of the lot so you can stop your sim from leaving
Globe

Guitar - The Toyota one

Haunted Objects - you can get these through SimTownMarket events, if you have not yet unlocked the ghost hunting hobby yourself)

Inflatable Pool Animal
Inflatable Pool Chair

Mirror - One from The Hobby Section

Movie Camera

Oven + Oven on fire

Phone

Pool - You can clean a clean pool, it does not have to be dirty

Poolside Recliner

Preteen Bookcase

Record Player 

Shower

Sink

Soccer Ball

Stack of Magazines

Stereo

Study Desk

Telescope

Toilet

Trampoline

Trash can

TV

Woodworking Bench 

Hobby Helper and hobby Objects

If you want to be a really good neighbour, you can help out with the hobbies as well. The initial hobby can usually only be completed by one Sim but if your neighbour have the object needed you can double up. Check out the spoiler tag below to see a list of hobby objects. 

Note: Babies and toddlers can not travel to Neighbours, so I will not list their hobbies

Spoiler

Aerobic Step - or use the Health hub

Breakdancing Boom Box

Chocolatier Bench

Diving Board - or use the Swim Center

Fashion Studio

Haunted Objects

Ice Pedestal

Keyboard, Bass Guitar, Drum kit, Guitar (the Teen Idol one) and Microphone

Kitten Play Box

Magic Broomstick Closet

Magic Wand Podium

Oven

Potion Brewing Cauldron

Puppy Play Mat

Quilting Kit

Record Player - or use the Community Center

Salsa Jukebox

Sparring Dummy - or use the Community Center

Woodworking Bench - or use the Community Center

Places:
Park: Fishing, Bird Feeding
Community Center: Woodworking, Ballet, Karate, Bird Feeding
Swim Center: Diving, Bird Feeding
Stables: Horse Tricks, Horse Vaulting, Show Jumping
Mall: Bowling, Catwalk Model, Make-up Artist, Fashion Hunter
Health Hub: Aerobics
Deer Spring Falls: Survivalist, Story Teller, Fishing
Snow Park: Figure skating, Bird Feeding
Downtown High School: Class Clown
Arcade: Arcade Gamer, Skill Tester, Pinball Enthusiast
Beach: Seashell Collecting, Snorkeling
Castle: Archery, Jester
Pet Park: Dog Agility, Cat Show, Dog Obedience, 
Carnival: High Striker, Juggler 

Some Additional Tips:

Check the spoiler tag to see some extra tips and considerations Heart

Spoiler
  • The higher star-rating your objects have, the faster the tasks will be done. Most SP houses I have seen have 3-star objects to be as helpful as possible.
  • If YOU have unlocked the Snow Park, Park, Community Center and/or Deer Spring Falls etc, your neighbour will have to have them unlocked too, as you will get Social tasks there when you unlock them in your town. You will, for example, not get a Social Task to Surf the Snow if you have not unlocked it in your town.
  • Tip: Have ONE adult sim reach different interaction levels with sims in another town. This way you do not need to build interaction levels each time you need to "Bro hug", "WooHoo", "Chest bump" or another interaction
  • Places neighbors can visit and use: Restaurant, Swim Center, Health Hub, Stables, Mall, Beach, Castle, Carnival, Pet Park, Bingo Hall 
  • I do not know if the places on the Mysterious Island that needs orbs to unlock will have any Social tasks, but I think you can get a Sea Shell collecting Social task and for that you need the Beach.

Good Luck everyone!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 1 of 351 (41,441 Views)

Re: The Sims FreePlay - Connect with Neighbours

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi i need to add a neighbour (Google play) with a fire hydrant please =) my Google play name is... mrsbidds7 

Message 2 of 351 (41,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

My Google play name is StStello - feel free to add me. I have a fire hydrant and a movie camera. Heart

Message 3 of 351 (41,251 Views)

I'm a New Sims Freeplay user

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi I'm Claire, and player ID on Google play is Xxeain. I play The Sims Freeplay and I'm looking for friends and neighbors.

(CM: edited to add correction to name: Xxain > Xxeain)

Message 4 of 351 (41,144 Views)

Re: Mirrors Missing-Practice Speech in A Neighbor's Mirror

★★★ Newbie

How do I add people... just logged into fb

Message 5 of 351 (41,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Does anyone have a fire hydrant in their town and uses gc?

Message 6 of 351 (40,993 Views)

Sims FreePlay

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi how r u 

Message 7 of 351 (38,518 Views)

Re: Mirrors Missing-Practice Speech in A Neighbor's Mirror

★★★ Newbie

What is your facebook name??

Message 8 of 351 (40,870 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi i have added you thankyou Star

Message 9 of 351 (40,845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Apple play name is anton1aj I need a neighbour with a podium please!

i have most things on the list above but just ask if I have it first ☺️

Message 10 of 351 (40,784 Views)