Re: Some of the neighbours are missing from the Party Boat

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

[ Edited ]

yup. I think a FB update defaulted the apps to "only me"

I set the permission to "friends" but since that only makes me visible to my neighbours, I didn't get my neighbours back so I deleted the app from FB and gave it new permissions but missed that the visibility setting defaulted to "only me"

I corrected that and I can now be found on the party boat for my neighbours

Now, if only all my neighbours could set themselves visible to me

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 11 of 21 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue! I don't even see an envelope under her username. Hoping this reply will help. 

Message 12 of 21 (1,124 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @minicha-em,

That's the tricky part. ^^ Other players will need to also make sure their settings are updated. Get the word out if you can to your FB friends that play so they can start updating their settings.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 13 of 21 (1,123 Views)

Re: PARTY BOAT Won't Load My Facebook Friends Who Play as Neighbors

★★★ Newbie

I use an apple device. I've added friends on facebook who play sims freeplay and are active on it. I've spoken to them and they said that they can see me in the neighbors list but I don't see them as my neighbors. I don't know why this is happening. please help, i really need neighbors in the game 

Message 14 of 21 (1,065 Views)

I don't see my facebook friends as my neighbors in sims freeplay

★★★ Newbie

I use an apple device. I've added friends on facebook who play sims freeplay and are active on it. I've spoken to them and they said that they can see me in their neighbors list but I don't see them as my neighbors. I don't know why this is happening. please help, i really need neighbors in the game 

Message 15 of 21 (1,071 Views)

Re: I don't see my facebook friends as my neighbors in sims freeplay

@SohaNathani 

please dont necro threads from yesteryears, in this case from 2015

I merged it into this one

have your neighbours check their settings as EA_Lanna instructed in the solution post

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 16 of 21 (1,042 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is happening to hundreds/thousands of people, not from 5 years ago. I have been playing 5+ years and I have lost all my neighbors and none of the solutions fix it. On the Facebook groups many people are complaining of the same. 

Message 17 of 21 (990 Views)

@kevitra 

This is not something YOU can fix, alone

The solution for the post works

If you do that, YOU will be on your neighbours Party Boat

But

Your NIGHBOURS need to do it too for YOU to see THEM on YOUR Party Boat

Until they change THEIR settings, your Party Boat will be empty

This is on FB for defaulting their settings for apps to "only me"

Take it up with them

D'oh! - Em
Message 18 of 21 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same. I gave up tho, the neighbour part

Message 19 of 21 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Lanna I have also lost my neighbors. I have tried everything suggested but nothing works. Also, my granddaughter has just started playing but does not have Facebook. How does she get neighbours?
Message 20 of 21 (659 Views)