Some of the neighbours are missing from the Party Boat

by minicha-em

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Some of the neighbours are missing from the Party Boat

[ Edited ]

Part of my neighbours are missing from the Party Boat

I noticed this in the morning of Jan 28th, 2021, last evening the boat was normal, so it did not coincide directly with the update 5.58.0 as I updated the morning of the 27th, though that still might be a factor.

I connect through FB

Normally, all goes missing but this time some are still there

Usually a log out, hard close game, open and log in will bring back active neighbours but not this time

Another step is to remove the permission for Sims FreePlay from FB and then reconnect and give new permissions, that did not work either

I know I am not alone with this problem, for some it is part of the neighbours, for others it is all.

If you have this issue, please, hit the "Me too" button

I do not know if this is on FaceBook or Firemonkeys

I have not yet contacted Firemonkeys but if you'd like to I'll link it below

Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

(CM: Edited to update thread title to be more descriptive) 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 1 of 21 (11,628 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Some of the neighbours are missing from the Party Boat

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only!

Hi folks, 

Thank you to those who've reached out so far. We continue to look into this issue but in the meantime we may have a workaround to recover some of the missing neighbors. Standard smile

There is a Facebook account setting that may be causing some of the missing friend issues. It's a privacy setting and some of the missing neighbors might have it set in such a way that even people set as friends cannot see an account in the connected app.

The setting needs to be updated from each of the missing neighbors side of things using the following steps: 

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/
  2. Click the Account button (top-right corner when viewing on a PC browser) to open the Account drop-down menu
  3. Select 'Settings and Privacy'
  4. Select 'Settings'
  5. Select 'Apps and websites' from the list on the left (you may need to scroll down to find this)
  6. Select 'The Sims FreePlay' (use the search function if you have many apps)
  7. Check the setting for "Who can see that you use this app?". If the setting value for step 7 is 'Only Me' then you will need to change this to 'Friends' so that your friends can see you in their ‘Neighbors’ list in the Sims FreePlay game.

Please connect with your friends on Facebook that are missing as neighbors and ask them to double check this setting. Once they do, check to see if they've reappeared on the party boat for you. It would be no harm to check your own settings in case you are a missing neighbor for someone else too. 

Please let us know how you get on with these steps.  

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 10 of 21 (11,304 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @minicha-em,

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing this. When did you notice some of your neighbours went missing?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 21 (11,600 Views)

@EA_Lanna updated the post to include more details

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 21 (11,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Noticed it today. Did the latest update yesterday, seemed fine. Today I only have one out of 13 neighbours (not including the sims town)

Message 4 of 21 (11,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks, 

We're looking to gather examples from players to look into this issue further. If you know of other simmers who are also missing some neighbors from the Party Boat, please share this thread with them. 

For anyone who's also seeing this issue in your games, please send me a message with the following details and I'll include them to the ticket raised on this issue:

>> PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PLAYER ID IN THIS THREAD <<

Answers HQ is a public platform visible to everyone with internet. It's important to protect your information and practice safe posting online by not sharing your Player ID in threads or posts. 

Details needed:

• Player Id: This FireMonkey's article will explain where you find it.
  • Device type: e.g. iPhone XR, etc.
  • Date (when you first noticed this happened). 
  • Permission Y/N?:  If you choose "Y" it means you are granting permission for the team to log into your account. This is for the purpose of investigating and reproducing issues only. 

How to send a DM to me: 

• Open up my AHQ profile page using this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/16589805
  • Left click on the envelope symbol under my username
  • In the page that loads, enter this subject line: TSFP - Party Boat missing some neighbours - <your AHQ username>
  • In the text window, please include the details outlined above.

Thanks @MorenaO79 for letting us know you're also seeing this in your game. If you could also gather the details outlined above and shoot me a DM with them, I'll add your example. 

- EA_Lanna

Message 5 of 21 (11,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too... I have the same problem, but I lost ALL of my neighbors. I need help to solve this issue,please.

Message 6 of 21 (11,403 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have the same problem. I tried to sent you my info (player ID, etc) by message (the envelope icon) and i can't because the site say "you don't have permission to contact this user"

Thank you anyway.

Cloi

Message 7 of 21 (11,365 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Claudia0980,

That message can crop up if you're brand new to the forum. Usually making a post, like you have done here, will unlock the permissions to DM someone. Could you try again now please and test that?

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Message 8 of 21 (11,351 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your answer; I will try to send you my info again.

Clau

Message 9 of 21 (11,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks, 

Thank you to those who've reached out so far. We continue to look into this issue but in the meantime we may have a workaround to recover some of the missing neighbors. Standard smile

There is a Facebook account setting that may be causing some of the missing friend issues. It's a privacy setting and some of the missing neighbors might have it set in such a way that even people set as friends cannot see an account in the connected app.

The setting needs to be updated from each of the missing neighbors side of things using the following steps: 

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/
  2. Click the Account button (top-right corner when viewing on a PC browser) to open the Account drop-down menu
  3. Select 'Settings and Privacy'
  4. Select 'Settings'
  5. Select 'Apps and websites' from the list on the left (you may need to scroll down to find this)
  6. Select 'The Sims FreePlay' (use the search function if you have many apps)
  7. Check the setting for "Who can see that you use this app?". If the setting value for step 7 is 'Only Me' then you will need to change this to 'Friends' so that your friends can see you in their ‘Neighbors’ list in the Sims FreePlay game.

Please connect with your friends on Facebook that are missing as neighbors and ask them to double check this setting. Once they do, check to see if they've reappeared on the party boat for you. It would be no harm to check your own settings in case you are a missing neighbor for someone else too. 

Please let us know how you get on with these steps.  

- EA_Lanna

Message 10 of 21 (11,305 Views)