cloud save maintenance question

by Shywolf100

Original Post

Sims won't connect to cloud

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to connect my sims freeplay to the cloud for several days because whenever I close and reopen the app, my sim stops doing the tasks I left them on and all the changes I made disappears. I tried everything on the FAQs but nothing works. Earlier this day I uninstalled and re-installed the app but now it won't even let me open my account because the cloud can't be accessed. I have stable internet connection but it just keeps on reloading for almost 10 minutes but ends up saying "unble to connect to cloud". I am worried because I was doing the Pregnancy task and the SimChase before this problem occured. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 5 (1,740 Views)

Re: Sims won't connect to cloud

I am sorry but I have nothing

except for you to contact support

The least they can do is to give you some currency or time extensions to make up for lost time once you can get back into your game

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you
Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (1,714 Views)

cloud save maintenance question

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Says  There Was A Problem Connecting To The Cloud, Please Try Again

When Is The maintenance For It Going To Be Done?

Message 3 of 5 (1,724 Views)

Re: cloud save maintenance question

@Shywolf100 

Moved and merged to a post on the same topic

Maintenance should have been done and over with, the issue you're having is not related (though it might have been a consequence of the maintenance)

It is now a known issue that they are working urgently on as it is a game breaker

Meanwhile, contact support, I'll link it

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you
Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 5 (1,660 Views)

Re: cloud save maintenance question

★★ Apprentice

I want to add that I've been having the same problem and from what I see on social media, many others having the same issue too. I finally got a reply from support and while they say they know about it, there is no ETA on a fix for it. I think I got some LP, but I'm not sure.

I've lost time and resources on timed events, etc. and those events are not reset. I'm not  sure I want to play the game until I know it's fixed which at this point is "Whenever?"

I understand games have bugs, but the lack of acknowledgment, in general, is a bit annoying. I get that it's not affecting all players, but I feel, from what I've read, that a significant number of players are and a quick social media post would be helpful. Or a proper game status page on the Firemonkey's site. That site is a mess!

I hope others have better luck, but I'm hesitant to even continue anything in the game because it's essentially been broken for me for a week. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,633 Views)