Sims free play stuck on age screen

by beasties4days

Original Post

Re: Sims free play stuck on age screen

★★★ Newbie
Anyone got a resolution to this as I’m having the same problem?
Message 11 of 27 (2,655 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Wymania and @gemmasmith357,

What types of devices are you trying to load The Sims FreePlay on? So far, a few people have had issues with the iPhone XR and iPad Air 2, but we're having difficulty reproducing it on our side. Any additional information about types of devices and how it behaves before/after the troubleshooting listed can help a lot.

Arrenai Cat

Message 12 of 27 (2,637 Views)

★★ Novice

I am using an iPad Air. Thanks.

Message 13 of 27 (2,632 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m also using an iPad Air and it’s up to date with updates it extremely frustrating I’ve Lso contacted ea and had no reply 

Message 14 of 27 (2,620 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Nothing happens at all it just stays on the screen I tried to upload a video but won’t let me 

Message 15 of 27 (2,621 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried again, entered my age and hit the “return” key on my Bluetooth keyboard, nothing. I hit tab, return, tab, and it entered the game. Could be a fluke but it got me in. Tapping “continue” did nothing.

Message 16 of 27 (2,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and turning my screen. Noting works to get past my age setting. 

Message 17 of 27 (2,460 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @akfrancis84.

To help gather more information, which phone are you attempting to play Sims Freeplay on?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 18 of 27 (2,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I’m on the newest IPad Pro. I believe I had it working a while ago to try out the AR demo. But now it updated. I was asked to put in my age (29) and hitting continue makes the pop sound then nothing happens at all. I’ve restarted my iPad, tried flipping the screen around, entering different ages, clicking the button repeatedly, and tried waiting much longer. All to no avail. This happened today.

Message 19 of 27 (2,287 Views)

My s

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Sims Freeplay and it leads me to the age screen. I enter my age and press continue, but nothing happens. Im stuck on the age screen. I have redownloaded it multiple times and the same thing happens each time. I’m on an IPhone XR. 

Message 20 of 27 (1,937 Views)