Sims free play crashes when I click "start new game"

by MADCRAFT9752

Original Post

Sims free play crashes when I click "start new game"

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
So I recently installed Sims free play on my Google Pixel 2 and I have been having one main issue.

Whenever I get to the "Start new game" screen and click start new game, the game crashes and returns me to the homepage of my phone and a pop up appears telling me that FreePlay has stopped.

After trying many solutions such as re installing the game, doing a hard reset, clearing cache, the game will still not function correctly. To clarify, I have the latest version of android and my Sims FreePlay version is 5.33.4.

Does anyone have any solutions?
Message 1 of 4 (866 Views)

Re: Sims free play crashes when I click "start new game"

★ Novice
Same is happening to me. Just got the pixel 2 xl. Worked fine on my last phone. Don't know if it's an update or something with the phones. I notice when it goes to install and the bar is running across near the end a quick screen flashes that looks like black static almost like it doesn't finish installing properly. My daughter has an iPhone and installed it at the same time as me and hers works fine. Frown
Message 2 of 4 (835 Views)

★ Novice
At least I know I'm not alone! Guess we may have to wait for them to fix this.😐
Message 3 of 4 (825 Views)

★ Novice
I ended up returning my phone for an unrelated issue. Got the pixel 2 now tried to download same game, got same issue. This sucks. Spent a good amount of money on this game and can't even play it.
Message 4 of 4 (762 Views)