Re: Sim stuck in police station task on sims free play

by martha4858

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim stuck in police station task on sims free play

★★★★ Novice
I fell asleep while my sim was working on a help task at the police station and now I can't finish the task. It says the task is complete but there's no bubble to close out the task and now I can't do anything with my sim or withe the area where the task was being done. It's been 48 hours now. What can I do in order to be able to play again because with the one area "in use" I can't finish helping my visitors.
Message 1 of 24 (16,334 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
@SimonApple54 You'll have to contact tech support so they can add new save data to your cloud. It'll take a couple days but they can definitely fix it for you.

View in thread

Message 17 of 24 (7,923 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@gexline1

This happend to me. What I did was to make sure the sim was active (plumb bob over his head) and then click the the red X in the sim menu box. This will produce a dialog box that will ask you if you want to finish the shift. You want to say yes. I will post a screenshot of what I'm talking about tomorrow when I send my sim back to work.

Message 2 of 24 (16,292 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Mine does not even give me that option. When the sim is selected there's no where to X out of it. And when I try clicking on anything it tells me I can't send a busy sim to work. This is what mine looks like and the message that I get.
Message 3 of 24 (16,244 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@gexline1

It looks like you have not started your sim's work shift. Simply sending your sim to the police station does not begin the shift. Once there you have to tap on the flashing briefcase. Once your sim has started their shift they will move out of the way and the sim information box will change and you will the the red x that I am referring to.

Message 4 of 24 (16,228 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have a similar situation. My Sim had just finished a task when the work day ended. I wasn't able to collect the reward since work was over and now he's stuck at the station. If I tap on my Sim I get the message that he's busy and needs to finish the task. When I tap on the character I was helping I get a message about needing a working Sim. I can't call him home, I tried quitting the career and starting it again, I deleted the app, reinstalled and restored cloud data, reset my iPhone...nothing works. Now when I look at my Sim tracker it shows it's time to go back to work but then tells me my Sim is busy and has to finish his task first. It's going on three days now and I'm extremely frustrated!
Message 5 of 24 (16,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My sim was at work working their shift when I fell asleep. The shift then ended before I got back on the game. Every other time it let me finish the task and everything was ok. For some reason this time it didn't let me finish the task and my sim is now stuck. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it too. I've deleted and reinstalled the game, I've fired and rehired my sim, I've changed to another job and then changed back to police, I've tried clicking on help task bubbles, I've tried clicking on the briefcase and nothing works. Anything that I click on gives me the above message that I can't send a busy sim to work.
Message 6 of 24 (16,204 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That's what happened to me also! Only I fell asleep before it finished and the work day was over when I woke up and now it's been stuck for 4+ days.
Message 7 of 24 (16,202 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@gexline1

@B1rdzTheW0rd

you both should contact support. You can do this by tapping on the question mark selection in the game menu.

Message 8 of 24 (16,180 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm already on it...just waiting to hear back. I'll keep everyone posted!
Message 9 of 24 (16,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have also contacted them and am waiting to hear back.
Message 10 of 24 (16,165 Views)