Relationship status

by Randomperson226

Original Post

Relationship status

★★★ Newbie

I divorced a couple who had a preteen girl.  The mom ended up leaving and it was just the preteen girl in the dad in their house.  Then I moved in a woman and she started to have a romantic relationship with the dad.  She moved in with them and the preteen girl got to know the woman.  So, they became good friends and then there was an option that showed up, “ask to adopt.”  And so long story short, the woman adopted the preteen girl, I thought they could be like step mother and daughter.  I didn’t know that by doing this the dad would stop appearing as her dad.  Now, when they interact it doesn’t say dad, it just says ”best friend,” and not dad below the dad’s name, even though that’s really the girl’s dad.  The weird thing is now the woman and the dad had another child together and the child of course shows up as the dad’s son and the woman’s son, and he also shows up as the girl’s brother, technically her half-brother.  So their all a family except for when I pressed the “ask to adopt” button, that completely got rid of the father daughter status that th preteen girl and the dad should have together.  Now their just two sims that live together as best friends.  Is there anyway I can get their correct status to show up again?  This is really making me annoyed!

Message 1 of 2 (667 Views)

Re: Relationship status

Are the dad and the new woman engaged or married or just partners?

I, unfortunately, don't have an answer but I'm curious if the status between the man and the woman will effect the child Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 2 (637 Views)