Re: Q: Losing 'purchased' content when resetting the game.

by minicha-em

Original Post

Q: Losing 'purchased' content when resetting the game.

★★ Novice

Hi, I want to start a new game in Sims Freeplay. In the settings menu I found a reset button, when clicking it I get a warning that I lose everything, including purchases.

But it's not clear what they mean with purchases:

- Are they purchases done with fake money, like money that you earned ingame by going to work/completing goals?

- Or are they purchases I made with REAL money.

I purchased some content once with real money, I don't exactly remember what (probably some furniture), but I don't want to lose it.

I'm fine with losing furniture that I got by simply playing the game.

Message 1 of 4 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Caerban 

I have not done this, so I do not know for sure

but

I think it means EVERYTHING

Good that you ask before knowing what it means Standard smile

Do not do it until you do know, as it can not be undone

What I know is: By resetting the game, you start from scratch, with nothing - including time limited prizes you have earned from Live Events, Sim Chases etc

You have to level up hobbies again and do all the quests etc

Maybe the packs for real money will be there, but I just do not know, if the game ID changes with a resetting, those purchases would be gone as they are tied to the game ID 

I am currently alone on this board, so there is no other who will answer - and for this issue I do not know

Why do you want to reset the game?

- To do the quests again? Maybe get the items that had a time limit on them for completing quests/hobbies?

If yes, the reset will allow you a chance but any items you've earned in other events will be lost and might not return

- You're tired of your town and sims?

If that is the reason, I'd store every item, demolish every lot and delete all sims, that way you can rebuild, recreate without losing any content you've earned or bought

Maybe support can help you

Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome or safari, so you might need to try different browsers
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

Oh, wait @EA_Lanna do you know if the game ID changes if you reset the game and if real money purchases are lost or stays?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 4 (1,136 Views)

★★ Novice

Hehe yes I'm kind of tired of my sims.

I played about 2 years ago, not really knowing how I should play. When I had to create more and more sims I soon just accepted a random creation and gave it a silly name. Not caring about their career etc.

Now that I got a bit more into the Sims serie, I regret that I played so careless. So I want to wipe them.

I didn't know I could do that. I'll have a look how to wipe my sims.

Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 4 (1,125 Views)

@Caerban 

select the sim you want gone

there will be a red circle with a white slash through it, on the right next to the head shot

removing the sim from the town, means they are gone from the town and game

for you, I think this is the best option, if you just want new sims

you get a new batch of sims in your town without loosing any of the stuff you have earned or bought

without having to level up and redo quests to get babies and preteens and so on

without having to level up hobbies all over again 

I wish you good luck

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 4 (1,108 Views)