Problem Logging In (Facebook)

by bearcatnat

Original Post

Problem Logging In (Facebook)

★★★★★ Newbie

Since the update that added the Ice Palace quest, I've had issues with my Facebook account not staying logged in for Sims Freeplay. When I go to visit my Party Boat, it shows an error "Problem Logging In". I click OK and that brings up a Facebook page where I should grant access for Sims Freeplay to be linked to my Facebook account. The page says that I have already authorized Sims. I click OK on the page, then DONE at the top. It goes back to the Sims game and shows the Party Boat just fine. I have to do this at least once a day. (I think it resets every 24 hours). It will work all day while I'm playing, then the next day, BAM I get the error again. It's really annoying. Does anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 3 (2,442 Views)

Re: Problem Logging In (Facebook)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @bearcatnat,

You should try to disconnect and reconnect your account for good. To do so, simply follow this tutorial from the studio

For Facebook login issues, please try carefully following these steps to disconnect your account and log back in: 

1. Log in to Facebook on a computer 
2. Go to this link (your Facebook App Center): http://www.facebook.com/appcenter/my
3. Find the name of the game application (Real Racing 3, Sims FreePlay) in the list and click on the "settings" link 
4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings options and choose "remove app" to de-authorize the application from connecting to your Facebook account 

This will have disconnected your Facebook account from the game.

Now: 
1. Force close all apps running on your device, including the game
2. Turn your device off, then turn it on again after a few seconds 
3. Open the game again and go to your Account Manager from the options menu 
4. Log in to your Facebook account (you will need to approve permissions for the game application again) 

This should reconnect your Facebook account to the game again and log it in properly. 

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 3 (2,426 Views)

Re: Problem Logging In (Facebook)

★★★★★ Newbie

This didn't seem to work. I did it last night, and the game still had a "problem logging in" when I played it today. I just updated the app, so will see if it happens again tomorrow.

Message 3 of 3 (2,413 Views)