Please help! ''There was a problem logging in''

by Peachynesss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please help! ''There was a problem logging in''

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay, so this is driving me crazy. I can't possibly log into my facebook account with the Sims Freeplay. I've always been logged in without any problems but recently I keep getting this message! I've tried everything.

- Removing the app from facebook apps and trying to connect again

- Logging out facebook

- Turning my device off and on

- Waiting a few weeks

I still keep getting this message, it's so frustrating. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 16 (25,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please help! ''There was a problem logging in''

★★ Novice

For all the people still having the same problem: After all this time I solved it! I saved my data to the cloud via GameCenter, deleted and reinstalled my game. After it downloaded my old data I tried to log in via Facebook and it worked!

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (25,769 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

For all the people still having the same problem: After all this time I solved it! I saved my data to the cloud via GameCenter, deleted and reinstalled my game. After it downloaded my old data I tried to log in via Facebook and it worked!

Message 2 of 16 (25,770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I can't login,  obviously that's NOT an option!!!

Message 3 of 16 (23,727 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried all of that but it keeps telling me to go to settings and log into Facebook but when I do that it keeps telling me it cannot connect to the server. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both FreePlay and Facebook. I have also tried all the previous passwords I can think of. I even downloaded FreePlay to my iPhone but it still won’t let me download my saved data from the iCloud, even though I can log into Facebook through both, my desktop browser and the app, with no problem. Many years and way too much money spent on a game I can no longer access. I have built up everything and even have 42 Sims. I was about to complete a lengthy challenge too! I really don’t want to start from scratch. So frustrating! 

Message 4 of 16 (21,458 Views)

@Vixiha 

This is an old thread so suggestions and advice given might not still apply

I am uncertain as to what your issue is

You say you can log in through FB but not upload your saved game?

Have you connected your game through Game Center or Google Play too?

If yes, have you logged out/in on those too?

Have you tried a different internet connection? Different WiFi, 4G, 3G or fiber?

My advice is to contact support, I'll add a link

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you
Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 16 (21,441 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have tried different browsers and different wifi. Unfortunately, I never linked to anything but Facebook. Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I am typing a message to Firemonkeys right away. Much appreciated! 

Message 6 of 16 (21,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another easy solution I just ran across, because I was having the same issue. When it opens the web page and the pop up to open the facebook APP comes up, hit cancel. You will then be just on the webpage where it says login with facebook. Select FORGOT PASSWORD. From there it will have you attempt to login before resetting your password. Login. Then cancel so it takes you back into the game. Select to login to facebook again, and again hit cancel on the pop up to open the facebook app. You will now already be logged in on the webpage that automatically comes up for the game and it will connect! Just started replaying this game in 2021 and made an EA account just to reply to this, because nothing would work for me until I figured out this very simple and easy trick

Message 7 of 16 (17,925 Views)

★★★ Newbie

“Forgot password” on Facebook 
This is is the only thing that worked for me when all of a sudden I couldn’t play on my iPad anymore !!!! So glad I found this thread  🙏 , thank you so much !!! 

Message 8 of 16 (16,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue when the new iPhone update iOS 15.0.1 was loaded.  All of a sudden, I wasn't able to log into my Sims through Facebook. I tried everything. This is what wound up helping me! I wasn't sure it was going to work because everything else seemed to fail. Thank you so much!

Message 9 of 16 (15,443 Views)

@M1dn1ghtT1gress 

This is a very old thread

Did you try to log in while Facebook was down worldwide?

They had a huge outage and none of their services worked

and by "new iPhone" do you mean iPhone13/  iPhone 13 Pro?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 10 of 16 (15,429 Views)