Makeup Hobby not working

by countessboochie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Makeup Hobby not working

★★★ Novice

Every pair of sims I send up to the Makeup stand don't achieve a thing. 

If I turn the app off and come back to it even a minute after the hobby has been completed, each sim will get the XP and even level up within the hobby, but at no point does the exclamation mark show up above their heads, meaning I can't collect a single reward with the hobby.

If I do happen to come back to the app just in time to see the action ending, then I can click on it and actually collect a reward. I also can collect a reward IF I use LPs to finish it faster, but there's no chance I'm going to do this entirely relying on that.

It's really annoying because this has been going on for about two or three weeks. Every time, I leave my sims doing their thing in the make up hobby, I even wait until I make sure they are both interacting. And every day, they collect XP and level up, but I get absolutely no reward because it doesn't finish like an actual hobby, just another random task. So I'm wasting my time achieving absolutely nothing. 

I've googled for hours and haven't found a single person with this problem.

Message 1 of 7 (3,859 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Makeup Hobby not working

★★★ Novice
I contacted Firemonkeys and they said they were aware of the issue, a whole later there was an update and the hobby finally worked.

Only it worked twice, and last time I tried it went back to doing the same thing.

I'm going to try a couple more times (except I'm going to need like a week because this thing is almost 5h long and I check the app once a day or less) and if it continues doing the same I'm getting back at Firemonkeys.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (3,316 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hi - did you find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem and I've tried every combination of male/female, adult/teen, adult/adult etc, and nothing works.

Like you say, when you go back once the Sims have completed the task, there's no exclamation bubble to click like with any other hobby, they just complete the task, levelling up. But there's no collectible to collect!

It's very frustrating.

Message 2 of 7 (3,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just tried it again, seeing as there was an update, and it's doing the same thing. No matter what I do, if I am not there at the precise instant their hobby finishes or spend LP on it (which never happens), I get no reward. Yet, they continue to level up. 

It's particularly annoying because half of my mall is completely blocked and I cannot continue to build it because I need to collect the items from this hobby to unlock several stores, so it's just laying there completely useless.

I still haven't found a solution nor anyone besides you with this problem, but it's annoying the hell out of me.

Message 3 of 7 (3,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the exact same boat. No collectibles or rewards for this hobby. I only have 2 days left for the timed hobby and then I'll lose out on the reward Frown 

Put in a support request and no response

Message 4 of 7 (3,583 Views)

★★★ Novice
There was another update and it solved nothing. Still doing the same thing. I've completely given up on this hobby. Also put in a support request, waiting for the reply.
Message 5 of 7 (3,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They just told me to update and that they’d get back to me. Did anyone solve this for you yet?

Message 6 of 7 (3,433 Views)

★★★ Novice
I contacted Firemonkeys and they said they were aware of the issue, a whole later there was an update and the hobby finally worked.

Only it worked twice, and last time I tried it went back to doing the same thing.

I'm going to try a couple more times (except I'm going to need like a week because this thing is almost 5h long and I check the app once a day or less) and if it continues doing the same I'm getting back at Firemonkeys.
Message 7 of 7 (3,317 Views)