Halloween quest idea suggestion

by joshsurdu000

Original Post

Re: Sims freeplay suggestions

★ Apprentice

I will second that! If you end up with a lot of a certain item it can be a pain selling one at a time! Please make this!

Message 21 of 129 (3,774 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was dubious as to whether a large game company pays attention to player suggestions, so never bothered posting any, but a shout out for those previous suggestions I have actually seen implemented since playing the game.

Pregnancy update: a lot of people wanted this, now they have it. It's not perfect, but hey, we can at least have baby bumps now!

This latest accent wall update: someone suggested it in this very thread, and I'm sure they aren't the only one. Now its a reality.

More decorations: This was one of the most annoying things when I first started playing the game. I wanted more stuff to make a house looked lived in! There is a lot more now than there used to be, thankfully, including more food (which I always wanted). Keep bringing more decorations and clutter!

I believe that infants were originally were less intractable than they are now, as well, and the game team changed that as requested. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I wanted to acknowledge that changes do seem to happen, even if they are sometimes slow in coming! Here are some things I would really like to see added to the game. (There are a lot more things than this that I would LIKE to see, but I understand not everything is practical for the game team to be able to consider implementing, so I've tried to avoid some of the less practical suggestions.)

A "Sell All of This Item" button in the inventory. No more click, sell, click, sell, click.... over and over again.

For the green highlight when placing an item somewhere it is free to be placed to only appear around the edge of the item instead of lighting up the whole item. It would be a lot easier to preview potential furniture, etc. if the color wasn't distorted by that green glow. I want to see if it matches my color scheme BEFORE I pay thousands of simoleans for it, please.

Something (ANYTHING) to make cleaning up plates of food easier/faster. Even if it's just a button "Clean up all" that has every sim available go and clean up a stack, sort of like the "call to meal" button makes every sim start eating. Or how about a new piece of kitchen furniture: a dishwasher! When you have a sim interact with it, he goes and brings food/dishes to it until all the accessible dishes are picked up. I would pay a lot for that!

A way to "mirror" an item when placing it. When we rotate an item, it changes the items direction, but there is no way to flip an item so that it faces the same direction, but with the opposite positioning. This would be most handy with things like switchback staircases, where you might want the stairs facing forward, but for the stairs to be entered on the right side instead of the left, or vice versa. Someone else suggested this and I think it is a good idea. Even if it is only an option for certain practical items like the staircases it would be a great help.

I don't know if this is something that could be done, because there would have to be some individualization based on the size of the object/s, but it would be way more realistic if items that go on walls could in some cases be placed OVER other items. In real life having a small clock or lamp on the wall doesn't prevent you from placing an end table beneath it, for instance.

Make sidewalks and fences able to be customized. Players have been asking for this for years. You could start with just the basic fence/sidewalk look, then when you build a house with a specific look, it would be available to apply to other homes in the home store section. Maybe have an event where we can earn some additional, unique sidewalk/fence templates.

Indoor pools? As long as the pool is one or two squares away from the walls and isn't overlapping any basements or anything, I can't see any disadvantage to being able to do this. It would be fun!

Some decoration/furniture ideas: More luggage. I would like some backpacks and duffel bags, for instance. Lockers. I see a lot of people trying to create lockers in their building designs, for instance if they are making a gym or a spa or something, so I know a lot of players would get great use out of some of these. Individual drinks/glasses we could randomly place on tables and counters. The party food and drinks are a nice start, but I would like to be able to put a coffee mug on someone's table in their study or an empty (or full!) wineglass on a kitchen island, for example. Some classic musical instruments. I love the baby grand piano, and its nice having guitars and drums, but I would like some other older instruments such as a cello or violin or a saxophone that could be placed in music room or on/next to a band stand. Trunks, crates, and boxes. Useful for attics and garages and basements and the like. (Also, could we get that trash bag that we have to clean up from the mall/restaurant/etc. as a decoration? We could put it by the kitchen door, or in the basement storage area...). A single-square wall mounted TV screen. We have a two-square one, and one that can be set atop things, but I can think of a lot of uses for a small TV screen on the wall.

Also: Keep making new hairstyles and clothing! People love having more options with regards to this, and I personally really like the better graphics and design on the clothing and hair that has come out more recently (compare how the charming barber hairstyles look to the appearance of the basic hair you can choose from at the very beginning of the game). Actually, the older stuff is beginning to look outdated; you could probably make an entire event for older players out of redoing the graphics on the old clothes/hair that was from the earliest forms of the game, adding a few new items to it, and having some kind of fashion/shopping event. The older players could get the new versions of old looks and players who were brand new after the change would have sleeker, more modern looking Sims. Just a thought.

Thanks for your work on the game, keep creating more awesomeness!

Message 22 of 129 (3,454 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"For the green highlight when placing an item somewhere it is free to be placed to only appear around the edge of the item instead of lighting up the whole item. It would be a lot easier to preview potential furniture, etc. if the color wasn't distorted by that green glow. I want to see if it matches my color scheme BEFORE I pay thousands of simoleans for it, please." - I second this suggestion.

I also second the suggestion about adding more landscaping options. 

If there was a button to toggle between the sims in a house without having to click on the sim and then hit the "switch" button that would be awesome. 

I definitely think that there should be more events with clothing and hairstyles. There need to be more men's hairstyles and tons more clothing for all genders / ages.

As far as new home decor- I would love to see some more eclectic decor. Vintage stuff, cool gallery walls, midcentury furniture, etc. Tapestries and other wall decor would be really cool.

Being able to create "L" shaped rooms would be a huge bonus as well. Or being able to create different different size openings in the walls, rather than having to use an open doorframe.

Message 23 of 129 (3,210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also I wouldn't be mad if the Christmas Chill event came back this year!

Message 24 of 129 (3,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A few more suggestions-

Now that there are mezzanine levels, it would be really cool to see some decor that floats between the floors, like two story tall wall hangings (think macrame, large woven tapestries, huge gothic style mirrors, church windows, large artwork that would hang in the middle, etc...) More large chandeliers would be fun. 

Something cool to see in the store, or an event would be different dog and cat breeds & other pets that could be unlocked in the pet store. More animal types would be nice. 

Message 25 of 129 (3,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yay, they added one of these

Message 26 of 129 (3,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would like the teacher position to be an interactive position as well, where if we send our students and teachers to school at the same time we can tell whats going on. Sorry if this is unreasonable. Another thing I would like is in the mall there are grown women and grown men for new clothing, but none for toddlers, babies, preteens, etc. To buy. I'm getting bored with my toddlers and preteens outfits (btw you guys have done a great job so far with ya know everything) but yeah. New buttons for those in the mall would be really nice so that way I can go all out and splurge on my kids and make them look the most expensive looking lol. Also I would really like if you brought the spa event from last year(?) Back. I want my steamy showers lol.

Message 27 of 129 (3,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, some things that I have seen implemented. I applaud you guys tbh.

The dishwasher- new event for me that is happening right now based on a persons idea here, and it was a great idea tbh

Somebody asked you to bring back the santa quest thingy and you did!

Different colored walls (doi, happened)

More decorations (tons of events hostibg new limited edition add ons and you just keep on adding ones for everyone.) 

Getting sims actually pregnant. With that mommy quest thing you get all dam bumps abd even rewards which is super cool. Ive probably even overlooked a few but you guys are very receptive and seem to actually care and act on feedback that your supporters and gamers gove you, which is more than I can say for half of the games out there. Hell, they are genius ideas already, so why wouldnt you implement them, but some people just dont sometimes. Thank you guyssss

Message 28 of 129 (3,088 Views)

Halloween quest idea suggestion

★★★ Newbie

I was thinking maybe having a Halloween quest for this year for the Sims FreePlay or if it’s to late for this year maybe for next year. Anyway I think a quest for Halloween where sims could become vampires and turn others into vampires would be so cool if a entire quest on a sim becoming a vampire would be available as a Halloween quest. I’d love that and I think probably a lot of other players would to.

Message 29 of 129 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I wish they would make a college or university for the teen sims to be able to go to after high school and I wish they would make a food delivery addition to the game like if a sim wants to order a certain takeout food or pizza via home phone then a delivery man could come to their house and drop it off and the sim can pay the delivery man in simoleons.Plus it would be great if the sims foods that they cook or bake could have calories under the food item and I wish they could gain and lose weight by the foods they eat
Message 30 of 129 (3,024 Views)