Re: Earning LP via downloading apps

by minicha-em

Original Post

Earning LP via downloading apps

★★ Apprentice

I did a search to see if this has already been addressed, but couldn't find a recent answer. So I downloading an app from the "Earn Free LP" list since it was a special offer this weekend to earn 2x the amount or something like that. Today I reached the goal in the other app and it shows as being completed, but no LPs have been added. Does it take a long time to get added? I've done this in the past and the LPs were added very quickly.

I've cleared cache, rebooted the phone, and thought I'd ask here before I uninstall and reinstall Sims Freeplay. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5 (1,340 Views)

I've seen the notification but when I check I have no offers available 

I've seen it in other games too, I usually don't do it but I have tried and gotten nothing for it so I've stopped

I don't really want to download and play games I have no interest in so I can get a few premium currency for the game I do enjoy playing

Currently, the paper boy in our towns have the x2 (the amounts for LP, SP and money are the double as to what is normally shown)

Ask the support about it

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you
Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@minicha-emthanks, I just tried an easier offer and completed it immediately and now it shows in the completed offers but the LP hasn't shown up. It has in the past when I did these earlier in the year. I kept getting pop up messages about earning 2x LP this way. There even was an overlay on the Earn Free LP list of apps stating it was a limited time of 2x LP. I'm not sure Firemonkeys support can help, but to be honest, if it's not going to sync properly after following the instructions exactly, then they shouldn't have it in the game!

I'll give support a try! Thanks again!

UPDATE: in looking on the Support site, there's a post that is 3 years old that says support can't help and you have to email the 3rd party company for it. I'm going to give it a try, but I'm doubtful anything will come of it. I am technically owed 102 LP!

Message 3 of 5 (1,289 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Another update:

I emailed Iron Source as was suggested on the Firemonkeys support answer. Since the offers appear in the completed area, I can't submit a missing points ticket with them so it was a waste of time. I won't bother to do these offers in the future! I figured since one of the games I was actually curious about, I'd go ahead and download through the offer page.

oh well, lesson learned. And word of warning to others!!!

Message 4 of 5 (1,271 Views)

Thank you for the update

3607E5F8-3387-41C8-A1EC-9FA92047E92D.jpeg

I’m guessing this is what you were talking about

As I said, I looked at it but nothing was available for me

and if there was anything available, I doubt I’d try it - bad experiances with this before (in a diffrent game)

Strange that Firemonkeys can not help

@EA_Lanna do you know what to do if the offer that popped up in the game will not pay out the promised reward after the goals are met? Who to turn to and what to do?

Short info for those who might not know

You go to offers, download one or more of the games listed, reach certain goals stated for the reward in these new games and get premium currency for the game you originally played

That is how it is suppose to work, it seldom do work like that though.

Not even sure how the original game knows you have downloaded the new game and reched the goals.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 5 (1,244 Views)