Cannot demolish empty house

by Indigojack16

Original Post

Re: Cannot demolish empty house

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@minicha-em 

This is not a normal lot. The playground is behind the lot. It’s part of a quest, that I can’t remember. You can build and demolish houses on the front part like a normal lot.

Message 11 of 22 (1,402 Views)

@martha4858 but the front lot is not quite normal? You can not put a new template on it? You need to build your own design on it?

From what I understand @Indigojack16 wants to demolish the playground template and build a new template in its place and can not seem to be able to do that

If I got anything wrong, please correct me.

This is very interesting, especially since the rumor is that the live event rewarding the Playground is returning very soon

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 12 of 22 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@minicha-em 

Well apparently I was wrong. I demolished the house I had on the lot with the playground and it became a regular lot. The playground disappeared. If you look in the housing menu you can see a lot for the playground and buy it again. 

@Indigojack16 

I am not sure why you are having a problem demolishing the house and playground. Can you take a screenshoot of how you are trying to demolish it. 

Message 13 of 22 (1,394 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @Indigojack16.

Would you happen to have anything on the lot that is weather dependent, such as during snow? Please try placing a weather machine and see if adjusting things there can make demolishing an option for you. Standard smile

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 14 of 22 (1,379 Views)

★★ Novice

It could be you have a pet and it is at the pet park. Go to pet park and send all the pets home. Go back to house and check if pet is there. It happened to me once.

Message 15 of 22 (1,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

Couple thoughts...

When you enter the town view where you can see all the houses with the bubbles that show the house status/ who lives there. Does it still show someone's face?

I dont think it would matter if there was an object as it would just be placed in inventory. Unless there is an item that cannot be placed in inventory. LIke maybe a chalk drawing? Or something that maybe had to be done during the original quest.

Message 16 of 22 (1,352 Views)

★★ Pro

Oh-oh nothing, but still I cannot demolish it.

Message 17 of 22 (1,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

There is no pet in pet park and it’s empty without a weather machine or issued day.

Message 18 of 22 (1,319 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Indigojack16 

Are you trying to demolish the house or the house and playground? If you just want to demolish the house you can put everything in your inventory and then delete the rooms of the house one at a time in the edit house menu. I did that with the same lot so I could keep the playground. The other day I demolished the new house and the playground and it turned into a regular for sale.

Message 19 of 22 (1,305 Views)

★★ Pro
Both
Message 20 of 22 (1,294 Views)