Re: Can I buy the Sims 4 with a google play card?

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I buy the Sims 4 with a google play card?

★★★ Newbie

My child just bought a google play card worth $50 and surprisingly, I can't buy the Sims 4 with it. Can someone help and give me some advise cause this card. And also, do I have to buy the Sims gift card instead of the google play cards?

Message 1 of 7 (3,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @pinkavb12.

It's great that you want to get into The Sims 4. It's a ton of fun. As the Origin is not part of the Google Play app store, Google Play cards cannot be used to purchase The Sims 4 for PC.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,800 Views)

All Replies

Hello @coweiat,

The Google Play card should work on any app that can be purchased on the Google Play store. However, The Sims 4 is not available for mobile. There is The Sims FreePlay and The Sims Mobile (as applicable to region) available in the Google Play store. Were you interested in one of those, or a PC or console version of The Sims 4?

Arrenai Cat

Message 2 of 7 (3,309 Views)

★ Novice

I have the PC version is it possible to use a Google play card on origin"aka""Sims 4"?

Message 3 of 7 (2,831 Views)

@coweiat @pinkavb12 @martha4858 

Moved entire thread to TS4 since this is not about mobile gaming and FreePlay

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 7 (2,813 Views)

Hey there, @pinkavb12.

It's great that you want to get into The Sims 4. It's a ton of fun. As the Origin is not part of the Google Play app store, Google Play cards cannot be used to purchase The Sims 4 for PC.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 5 of 7 (2,801 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You are only able to buy the Sims4 on the orign website/app or in the store for PC, You can buy the sims 4 for xbox on the xbox store.

Hope this helps Standard smile 

Message 6 of 7 (2,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@coweiat this happened to me my brother and I both bought $40 each for the card and we cand even use it
Message 7 of 7 (2,663 Views)