Broomstick Hobby Glitch

by jugglerette1

Original Post

Broomstick Hobby Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Broomstick Hobby Glitch: 

My Sim completed the Potion Brewing hobby with the magic wand podium, which unlocked the Broomstick Hobby. However, when I place the Broomstick Closet from my inventory, my sim cannot complete the session! It does not matter where I put the closet, or if I choose the 4 hour or 12 hour session. Time is ticking! What happened? I really wanted the wizard home supplies, and all I get is blue footprints! HELP!

Message 1 of 5 (4,814 Views)

Re: Broomstick Hobby Glitch

Is the closet in a house with a car in the lot?

Sometimes the car on the lot hinders the sim to go out on the sidewalk to ride the broom

If you still can't get the sim to ride the broom contact Firemonkeys, I'll add the link

I've seen others with this issue so it might be more to it than just a car in the way

Ask for time extension tokens so you can add the time you've lost

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player
Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome, so you might need to try different browsers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (4,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the Broomstick Closet on in all the houses in my town, including one house that has a car in a parking lot. Most of my houses do not have cars, though. Neither can I use the Broomstick Closets in my neighbors' towns!

Thanks for the Firemonkey tip - I'll contact them now. 

Message 3 of 5 (4,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is still not letting me play the  Broomstick hobby

Message 4 of 5 (2,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@9maacpmk3928 wrote:

It is still not letting me play the  Broomstick hobby

I had this exact same issue today, tried having the cars off of the lot and it wouldn't work. Then i moved to a completely empty lot, placed the broom closet, and it worked perfectly. It may be an issue with having literally ANYTHING on the lot that you use

Message 5 of 5 (1,476 Views)