Re: August Suggestions for Sims Freeplay

by Indigojack16

Original Post

August Suggestions for Sims Freeplay

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

First of all, I'd like to say a big thank you to the Sims Freeplay team for giving us pregnancy, the wall up feature and the new feature walls. Thank you so much! I'm so glad our suggestions are valued and matter, thank you again.

I would like to make some suggestions for what I think would be great for the game in future updates.

1. Young Adult Sims.

I think young adult sims will be valuable to the game because most of us are young adults. My friends and other simmers think so too. Many of us do. I know we have adult sims but they kind of look older to pass as young adults and the teens look way too young too. So how about a newer sim age group to bridge these two together? We could have options for young adults to date either teens or adults because in reality, that happens; we can use this as an opportunity for more quests and events, it could bring the possibility of adding university to Sims Freeplay (college life!); the option to pregnant as a young adult and not a teen (as I understand you take things like that seriously because teens can't date adults) this would be great!; newer clothing styles, fresh, new and modern for young destiny paving adult sims, party life, etc! There's so much we can get from having young adult sims in the game! If ... WHEN we do have young adult sims, they will literally be the only sims I'd play with and have in my town. I'm a young adult if that isn't obvious enough. 😉 I can't wait just thinking about it!

2. A way for us to delete items from inventory in bulk.

As most other simmers have mentioned, it gets tiresome and tedious to delete items that are so many in storage. A better option for deleting items would be better.

3. Updated Exterior Wall/Roof options.

I'll be straight to the point here: we need new exterior walls, option to select multiple wall colours (like the Back To Wall quest), option to decide which level of room to elevate not just the whole building just because they touch at some point or corner and newer roof designs e.g.: skylight type roofs, etc.

4. New Build Mode Tools (+ Patios & Decks)

It's no doubt that you've seen simmers asking for different shaped rooms and pools, L and T shaped rooms without the use of doors etc. I think having those would be cool. Just think about how different, new and exciting our builds will be! The floating room glitch was recently taken away, I know you will find a better way for us to have those incorporated in our way of building.

As for patios, I think Bree should come back and give us foundations, ability to create porches and decks and porch stairs too! Indoor pools and a second level basement would be great too.

5. New facial features/ New CAS Options Menu.

Simmers have also been asking for the ability to pick either nose, mouth, ears, lashes, body types in the game, more recently than the past. We are asking for chubby sims, slimmer sims, just different body types in general. I won't be super bummed if we can't have this, I just want young adult sims and for my sims not to look like unrelated twins lol. We should have the option to select more than one jewellery type and tattoos.

6. The teens, Male Adult Sims and Seniors need some love too.

We need new outfits for the, babies, teens, male adult sims and seniors, plus new hair, shoes, accessories and all affordable for all simmers. PLEASE they shouldn't be expensive as they are the sim groups with least items in the CAS menu.

7. Clutter And More lived in items.

For example: phones, tablets that can be placed on the table, boxes, trash, jewelry boxes, shoe racks etc. The clutter items from the preteen event was a good start. I trust you guys.

8. Culturally Diverse Looking Sims.

I'm talking an Asian update, African, Greek, French, etc hairstyles, clothing, furniture items, build mode features.

9. How about NPC characters? It's not a must but that would be cool to see them walk around and fill in the empty chairs since we Canberra have only 10 sims on a lot. Which brings me to my next suggestion.

10. Having More Than 10 Sims On A Lot.

Although Make2 confirmed that you are aware of this highly requested feature so, I'll just let SFP's amazing team figure that one out.

11. The Option to Save our Favorite Builds.

I know this sounds like Sims 4 stuff but it's actually really helpful for people who don't have anymore empty lots and don't want to lose their favorite builds. It can be saved somewhere and be easily accesible since it's an online game. This would be a really good feature until we have more lots to build in.

12. Speaking of More Lots, (/Worlds)

We can have new worlds with more spaces to build on! For example, a space world, a Bay Area, a haunted world for those who like supernatural stuff, a jungle world, a desert world etc. I know this sounds like sims 4 but it sounds like a good step in direction to me.

13. More Weather Machine Options

An option to select dawn, dusk, autumn.

14. More Sim Actions.

Say if a sim wants to "Be Romantic" how about this option have sub actions e.g. Kiss, hold hands, flirt, hug, cuddle, woohoo, etc or "Be Nice" (changed to "Be Friendly" with sub actions like hug, handshake, chest bump, fist bump, friendly kiss, take selfie, talk, etc.? Or how about "Be Rude" with sub actions like slap, fist fight, (sims) rude gestures, unfriend? THose will be more fun and make interacting with out sims more pleasurable than they are now. Really! Also actions like, walk dog on a leash not only in the dog park but in the main park as well, or carry toddlers and babies on the hips or in a stroller and walk them around the park, mall or a neighbouring sim's house? Just like when sims ride the horse, the plumbob is above both the horse and the sim making them one. You can use this same way.

15. Morden & Minimalist/ traditional update

i've seen some pretty cool modern, minimalist and traditional themed houses and decor online. The urban, spa, French romance and chalet events were amazing! I think more modern, minimalist items will be most appreciated. These could feature new wallpapers (e.g. Royal themed for traditional events), new Morden beds, single, double or triple, new modern windows with no barriers in the middle (seamless), sliding doors, new counter tops like the ones from the chalet, etc. Also, a Royal update would be so fun! If they do happen, please we need lots of the royal themed wallpapers, furniture, dresses like the types Kate, Duchess Of Cambridge or Camilla, D. of Cornwall wears, tiaras, crowns, ball gowns, ceremonial military or naval or airforce outfit like those of Harry and William, hats, beds, kitchen items, etc.

Also, an idea for the older simmers who do nothing with their xps at level 55. Either bring out more levels (like a level to add young adult sims etc) or design new items; furniture and CAS that we can win as we gain more xps. The xps could be the currencies we use to get the new stuff and we won't be bored. And for the newer players who constantly ask for older events, how about a list or way for them to access old events to do on their own time so everyone can look forward to something new?

What do you think @EA_Mai ?

Thank you all so much for all you do to keep this game going. I really do appreciate it and I hope that you give us even some of the suggestions in the list (we need young adult sims and numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 14 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Please with a whole truck load of cherries on top). Sorry if there are any spelling error. I typed as the inspiration moved me.

The below Facebook post of mine now has 386 reactions and not one negative reaction. This is to show that the SFP community agrees with me. Thank you for your time 😊🙌🏼🙌🏼🙏🏼

Message 1 of 7 (2,285 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Wow that would make the game way more better.I wish they would improve on the animations that they have on the chairs and sofas.That sit and ponder is sooo boring.Chat,kissing,cuddle,taking a nap lying down would be a lot better.

Message 2 of 7 (2,187 Views)

★ Apprentice

Another suggestion: A lot of SFP players like role playing characters... they make aliens, vampires, people from 1915, etc. With this in mind I would like to see some more furniture, decorations, etc. from different time periods and maybe some fantasy/sci fi stuff too. I know there is a little of this kind of thing already (I love the French chateau stuff and use it a lot) but we could use a lot more. Maybe some old fashioned or fantasy clothing items, not just outfits but actual shirt/pants/shoes that we can mix and match to make cool looks. Some fantasy tunics and boots, maybe, or sci fi military-style uniform clothes, or women's dresses from the 1800s. The possibilities are endless. There could even be so live events that feature furniture/clothing prizes from a certain era, or on a certain theme.

A random note here: one thing we are missing is a campfire in outdoor furniture (at least I've never found one, if there is one please tell me where). There is a metal fire pit, but no way to get an actual little fire going on the ground Frown

My final suggestion has to do with a way to make families more flexible and allow parents to have more kids without allowing more than the current limit of 4 adult roommates. Frankly, the current set up is rigid and unrealistic with regards to making families. If there are two parents, you can only ever have two children! I think children (at least infant/toddler/preteen, and possibly also teens) should only count as a half sim with regards to the 4 sim limit, whereas adults and seniors (and possibly teens) still count as one. That way you could have more flexible family structure. Four instance at maximum sims in a house you could have two parents and 4 kids, or one parent with up to six kids, or two parents, one grandparent, and two kids, etc. This would allow you to make much more interesting families. And if the idea of someone using a single female sim and her six children aged up to adult therefore allowing seven sims in the house at a time causes problems, there could even be a function where, in a house past its sim limit, the parent(s) ask a kid to move out when they become an adult or something. I don't know that that would probably be necessary, though. Anyway, thats my thought on how to allow more family customization within the current house sim limit. Or we could just raise the total number of sims allowed per house. I don't think anyone would complain. Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (2,169 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just had another idea I think a lot of players will like. You know how you can tap the wardrobe to swap between normal, sleep, and swim wear? What if there was a button in the customization screen to save an outfit for the sim you were currently editing? You could save maybe three outfits or so per sim, and then just tap the wardrobe and there would be another button like "swap outfit" that would quickly allow you to choose any of your saved outfits for that sim and change their look fast.

I don't know about you, but I often leave my sims wearing a single set of clothes because it's too much work to go in and change their clothes all the time. But I would really enjoy being able to have a few different looks per sim (maybe a formal one, a casual one, and a jogging outfit, or something) without having to go through and remake the entire outfit every time I change clothes around. What do you guys think?

Message 4 of 7 (2,142 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

As a not-so-young person who enjoys SFP, I would like a College/University for those Sims that transition from Teen to Adult.  In my opinion, converting Downtown High into a College/University would be perfect. 

Message 5 of 7 (2,124 Views)

★★★ Novice
I like your suggestions. Mine are few but I would enjoy being able to decorate one wall or more different from the other walls in a room

I wish we could take out a wall to remodel, even if it cost more.

I would enjoy having outdoor tools, maybe bales of hay, autumn type decorations that aren’t Halloween. You can use them whenever you want.

I would enjoy more purely pastel colors.

I’m enjoying the game a lot. Thank you for the game that it is.
Message 6 of 7 (2,100 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi,

I think The Sims Freeplay should also have rules and EA should take action to the users that are breaking the rules.

Many EA game including The Sims Mobile has rules and legal actions.

Message 7 of 7 (2,092 Views)