Re: Advertisments sims freeplay

by minicha-em

Original Post

Advertisments sims freeplay

★★★ Newbie

All of a sudden I am getting advertisements every minute of playing the game Sims Freeplay. I have to watch all of the 30 second advertisments and I can not turn them off.

Is this a bug? If not I will have to delete my game. No point in playing....

Message 1 of 7 (10,036 Views)

Is this Osiris/the Grouch auto finishing/paying for the task you just set?

Osiris will finish the task right away if you watch a video

Grouch will pay the cost of growing/cooking etc if you watch a video

Annoying but somewhat helpful (to me)

I assumed it was part of the teen quest (I have not started that one yet and have no plans on doing it anytime soon) and I have to deal with it until the quest is done. My hubby loathes all those ads. He like to have a choice WHEN to watch them for bonus things. 

@EA_Arrenai or @EA_Mai is this normal?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 7 (9,978 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @CavyBella & @minicha-em,

Did this start after the Refined Romance update? There was a change released with this update and a portion of you may notice video ads now appear after completing actions. These video ads will provide rewards upon completion ranging from a free quick complete free item, or bonus Simoleons/XP on an action.

These video ads will only play a limited number of times per day, and we will be keeping a keen eye on this over the coming updates. We aren’t removing ad rewards via the Paper Boy, meaning you’ll be able to view those to receive the same goodies.

If you are VIP level 3+, you can opt-out of this in Settings.

Hope this helps clarify the changes.
Thanks,
-Mai
Message 3 of 7 (9,976 Views)

Yes, that is when it started

it happened to be at the same time as Osiris came back to start the Teen quest in my town

Im split, if it is a good thing or not. Pro: free/bonus stuff, Con: it throws off the timing, if you want all tasks to finish at the same time

+VIP 3, huh, no comment Wink

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 7 (9,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Can you explain exactly how Osiris works?

I’ve gotten him most of the time and it doesn’t seem to quick complete any action. 

Message 5 of 7 (9,917 Views)

★★★ Novice

While my Sims are performing actions at work to win resources, Osiris jumps in to “quick complete” actions that the Sim has already completed! I have to watch the whole advertisement, unable to skip! To add to this injury I get a “warning” that says the Sim is the wrong age to complete the action which is absolutely wrong and causes the Sim to lose the rewards they earned! Very frustrating and not fair play.

Message 6 of 7 (5,039 Views)

@VieuxCaniche 

You can disable ads at VIP 3

You can skip if you tap the ad 5-10 seconds in and the fast forward arrows will show up top left

They only loose the reward (the money back for seeds if your planting or the time gained if they're doing a task) if you fast forward, you still get the XP and the money

I like to keep the ads in, it helps me at the professional workplaces but I do FF on most others

D'oh! - Em
Message 7 of 7 (5,022 Views)