24th of January, 2023 – Charming Cottage Update

by SalixCat

Original Post

24th of January, 2023 – Charming Cottage Update

Hero

Update release on app stores: Tuesday 24th of January, 2023. Time: 9:30 p.m. UTC.

Please notice time and date can be subject to change.

Black History Month

In honour of Black History Month, The Sims FreePlay wants to celebrate representation and diversity. The developers have listened to the feedback from the community and have added a new face type and hair hobby event that features curly and textured hairstyles for adult Sims.

New Face Type

You may have noticed that the look of elder, adult, teen, and preteen Sims were updated in October. The Sims FreePlay team are continuing to bring more customization options to the game, so in this update, they are introducing a new face type for elder, adult, teen, and preteen Sims. To try it out, tap on your preferred Sim, then press Ultimate Makeover, and go to the Create a Sim menu. During this update, it will only cost 2 Lifestyle Points (LP) to change their DNA, so make sure to take advantage of this!

New Hair Hobby – Embrace the ‘Fro!

This update will also bring a new hair hobby event called “Embrace the ‘Fro!” that includes more culturally diverse hairstyles for both male and female Sims. To participate in the event, make sure you’re at least level 16 and have built the “Promotions R Us” store in your SimTown. You’ll have 7 days to unlock all 32 variants of the hairstyles.

The Sims 23rd Birthday

The Sims FreePlay team have been working hard all year round by adding dozens of player-suggested African American inspired customization options across multiple updates, to help continue diversifying the Sims in your SimTown. Keep an eye on The Sims Freeplay social channels during February to see behind the scenes of how they have brought your ideas to life!

It’s The Sims’ 23rd birthday and we’re celebrating all month long! Join in on the fun by watching the “Behind The Sims” community stream on January 31st at 9:00 a.m. PST on YouTube and Twitch for a special surprise from The Sims FreePlay.

‘Wedding Belles’ Live Event

The Sims FreePlay are bringing back a fan-favourite event, the “Wedding Belles” Live Event. It’s the perfect chance for your Sims to tie the knot in the ultimate wedding venue house location. You’ll be able to style your entire bridal party with beautiful dresses, hairstyles, and more in a variety of designs and colours. Make sure your Sim’s big day is perfect with additional items like flower decorations, tables, chandeliers, and a stunning wedding cake.

Architect Home Templates – EA Creator Round

IMG_2889-3-1024x699.png

To add some extra fun to the birthday celebrations, we’ve got three new party house templates created by EA Creators VictoriaSimz, Michiiiro, and SalixCat. These templates are filled with iconic objects from The Sims FreePlay’s archives and can be purchased from the Architect Homes tab for a limited time between February 2nd and 16th, 2023.

I am thrilled to share my latest creation with the The Sims Freeplay community. Party hatHeart

You can find more information about this update on EA’s official blog notes.

All events start at 7:00 a.m. UTC. Tap on the images to enlarge:

U_88-Calendario_1.png

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 1 of 5 (1,142 Views)

Re: 24th of January, 2023 – Charming Cottage Update

[ Edited ]

Thank you @SalixCat 

Numbers for the Live Events coming up

The numbers are higher than we are used to, so these will be grindy

Charming Cottage Live Event starts Jan 24th, 2023 

As the names of the prizes are listed, I will put it in a spoiler

Spoiler
618B005E-5C5D-4661-B564-AEC1F248ABF5.jpeg

Rerun Wedding Belles starts Feb 19th 2023

This is the second rerun, so you might have some prizes

Spoiler
C7009ED8-B956-4154-9C3B-4AEDD7AC8168.jpeg

General numbers for ALL live Events, can be used to calculate times

C7878649-27B8-48FB-8149-F132F199ABC4.png

Good Luck

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Cottage update that was scheduled to launch on the 24th is still not available on the Amazon app store. Could you please fix it EA?

Message 3 of 5 (978 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No update in Amazon app store yet

Message 4 of 5 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Anoush54 

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you

You might have better luck contacting Amazon in this case, I suspect that they are holding up the release, not EA

I'll notify a SimGuru as well.

Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome or safari, so you might need to try different browsers (I use Edge)
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 5 (964 Views)