18th of October 2022 - 'Faces of the future' Update

by SalixCat

Original Post

18th of October 2022 - 'Faces of the future' Update

Hero

Update release on app stores: Tuesday 18th of October, 2022. Time: 9:30 p.m. UTC.

Please notice time and date can be subject to change.

Sul Sul! The Sims Freeplay SimGurus have seen all our feedback about our Sim appearances, and they hear us. For the first time ever, they have refreshed the faces of elder, adult, teen and child life stages and made all hair, glasses and earrings shared across genders, so we can create Sims that finally reflect our true selves! In the latest update of The Sims FreePlay, we will also enjoy: 

• Transforming any space into a plant paradise with cheerful greenery rewards from Influence Island Season 31 and SimChase Season 49.
  • Earning Premium Perks whenever we spend Social Points! Unlock supernatural décor to conjure your abode into a witch’s hideaway for Halloween.
  • Bringing the outside inside when we unlock the ‘Botanical Beauty’ greenhouse mansion from The Sims Freeplay latest Live Event! 

You can find more information about this update on EA’s official blog notes.

All events start at 7:00 a.m. UTC

Tap on the image to enlarge:

U_86 Calendarios new_1.png

Thanks to EA Creator Network and Firemonkeys for providing early Beta access to this update. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 1 of 5 (1,446 Views)

Re: 18th of October 2022 - 'Faces of the future' Update

Thank you @SalixCat 

The glow up faces are a treat!
They look much softer and to me, more pleasant.

And the unisex hairsyles are awesome!

This is such a floral update.

I’m here to give you the Numbers for Live Events 

General Numbers for ALL Live Events

C7878649-27B8-48FB-8149-F132F199ABC4.png

Botanical Beauty starts Oct 28th 2022, 07.00 UTC

Numbers in spoiler if you don’t want to see the names of the prizes, don’t peek Standard smile

Spoiler
A0320D2E-DBA3-421A-98CB-45690189AE13.jpeg

Brillian Backyard is a rerun and starts Nov 16th, 2022, 07.00 UTC

(note that CEST becomes CET on Oct 30th and United States change from EDT and PDT to EST and PDT on Nov 6th (I know there are more timezones in USA  but I only mention 2 of them) but UTC does not use daylight saving)

As this is a (second) rerun, you might have to deduct prizes you have already earned.

Numbers in spoiler

Spoiler
BA1E4793-A371-49EF-BAB6-450F352B32D2.jpeg

If you want to know when events starts for you, Goolge (or use whatever search engine you like) ”07.00 UTC to your timezone”

Mine is currently CEST (Central European Summer Time) and will be CET (Central European Time) on the 30th

Don’t forget to pick up the FREE Behind the Sims’ Summit Pack in the Purple Shopping Cart button

Good Luck

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SalixCat Hello, I am a Freeplay gamer. I have been playing this game for like 7 years. I do very love your game but ever since I saw the latest update, I've been so disappointed. You have changed the types of the Sims and they just look so ugly. What's more, even the lightest skin colour looks like tanned for 72 hours 😢. Their faces look soooo ugly. I even started to miss the old types. Yes, they could be developed more but not this way honestly. I love soooo much the furnitures that have been added the game. But I kinda BEG you to change the types again. I know, as company, you care for the gamers' opinion. I hope it will happen again for me too. Thanks for this game anyway 🙏🏻
Message 3 of 5 (1,279 Views)

@6lutevnfz2pu 

Nor I or @SalixCat are employed by EA/Firemonkeys

We have as much say in how the game changes as you do

Players have for years asked for updates to the looks of the Sims and after 10 years the studio updated them

Considering how many players have asked for this for literally YEARS, I don't see it changing back

I don't know if Salixcat asked for a change, I know I did not but I like them fine

Take it up with Firemonkeys

or use the suggestion thread

This forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping Player, in this case we can not do much for you
Contact Firemonkeys support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or get there in game: green ... button at the bottom of the screen; Talkbubble with ?
I personally can not sign in with chrome or safari, so you might need to try different browsers (I use Edge)
Or contact support via FB or Twitter, links are at the bottom of the page

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 5 (1,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@6lutevnfz2pu Hello and thanks for your message

As @minicha-em said, we don't work for EA/Firemonkeys. I will, nevertheless, try to pass on your feedback to the team.

This is a quote from the official blog notes for Faces of the Future update:

There is still a path ahead of us with continual growth for true representation in our game, so we’ll make sure to keep you updated on our future development over time. We can’t wait to see what you create, and we'd love to hear what you think about the new face improvements, so chat to our SimGurus on Twitter!

So, this is just the beginning and more improvements will hopefully come. The current adjustments have been applied to the existing face types and skin tones. 

Another alternative for you to communicate with the developers is to post on Twitter and tag SimGuruMegz or SimGuruAlana

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 5 (1,246 Views)