Rif.: The Sims 4 Deluxe Edition won't start - Missing Icon

da EA_Rigel
Rispondi

Post originale

Soluzione accettata

The Sims 4 Deluxe Edition won't start - Missing Icon

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a weird and frustrating issue with The Sims 4 - Digital Deluxe Edition since support for Legacy ended (Note that I did not play Legacy but I owned it as part of a pack I bought years ago on Origin). I'm on a windows 10 pc x64.
Basically, and this happened a couple of times already, the Launcher icons on my menu and on my desktop disappears. I try to start the game (DELUXE DIGITAL not LEGACY) from the Origin App and I get the error stating that my Legacy Edition (?!) is missing some files. I try to repair the game from Origin and I get an error saying "some files are already in use" and to restart my computer. I do restart and nothing happens. My download is stuck there and I can't even uninstall the game. 
I uninstalled manually and reinstalled the game, it worked once, I played, turned off my pc and then I had the same issue again a couple of days later. 

I started looking into the game directory and found something strange. I have now, inside my "Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game", a directory called Bin that has no launcher and another called Bin_LE that has a launcher that doesn't work (goes back to Origin and gives error messages). Also in "Documents/Electronic Arts" a new "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition" directory has appeared.
I don't think that's how it's supposed to be. 
I never tampered with the game files, except for some costum content in the "mods" directory and my game stopped working after the support for Legacy Edition ended. I suppose that maybe Origin tries to update my game but mixes up the versions and all my files gets shuffled? Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to be a temporarely fix, but the error comes back. Is there anything I can do? It's maybe an issue that is being addressed by Origin or EA? It's becoming really frustrating. 

Thanks to anyone able to help me. 

Messaggio 1 di 4 (371 Visualizzazioni)
Rispondi
0 Kudos

Soluzione accettata

Community Manager

Ciao @SerenitySe, sulla parte italiana dei Forum possiamo parlare tranquillamente in lingua.

Per quanto riguarda il tuo problema, disinstalla l'EA App dal tuo PC.

Svuotane il DNS:

- menù Start, digita CMD 
- click destro sulla finestra che si apre, e scegli Esegui come Amministratore
- digita: ipconfig/flushdns
- aspetta fino a che non ti dirà che ha finito, e chiudi la scheda
- ora riavvia il PC

Reinstalla l'app e il gioco senza Mods, e vedi se continua a chiedere i file della Legacy. 

Rigel.png

Se una mia risposta ti è stata utile, accettala pure come soluzione! Non rispondo ai messaggi privati, ma per contatti diretti l'Assistenza Clienti si trova
QUI!
Was a solution I suggested useful? Please accept it as a solution for the thread!
I do not reply to DMs, but please feel free to contact EA Help from
HERE!

Vedi nella discussione

Messaggio 2 di 4 (329 Visualizzazioni)

Tutte le risposte

Community Manager

Ciao @SerenitySe, sulla parte italiana dei Forum possiamo parlare tranquillamente in lingua.

Per quanto riguarda il tuo problema, disinstalla l'EA App dal tuo PC.

Svuotane il DNS:

- menù Start, digita CMD 
- click destro sulla finestra che si apre, e scegli Esegui come Amministratore
- digita: ipconfig/flushdns
- aspetta fino a che non ti dirà che ha finito, e chiudi la scheda
- ora riavvia il PC

Reinstalla l'app e il gioco senza Mods, e vedi se continua a chiedere i file della Legacy. 

Rigel.png

Se una mia risposta ti è stata utile, accettala pure come soluzione! Non rispondo ai messaggi privati, ma per contatti diretti l'Assistenza Clienti si trova
QUI!
Was a solution I suggested useful? Please accept it as a solution for the thread!
HERE!

Messaggio 2 di 4 (330 Visualizzazioni)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Ciao di nuovo, volevamo solo controllare se avessi avuto occasione di testare i passi suggeriti nel post precedente Standard smile

Rigel.png

QUI!
HERE!

Messaggio 3 di 4 (240 Visualizzazioni)
Rispondi
0 Kudos

Community Manager

Procediamo ad accettare la risposta data, per maggiore visibilità dei passi suggeriti all'interno dei Forum.

In caso di bisogno, il thread è rimane comunque aperto. 

Rigel.png

QUI!
HERE!

Messaggio 4 di 4 (183 Visualizzazioni)
Rispondi
0 Kudos

Vuoi saperne di più sui Sims?

Visita i forum di The Sims per i tutorial e tutto quel che riguarda i Sims.

Espandi

ea-help-promo-2

Riscontri problemi a connetterti al tuo gioco?

Prova prima queste procedure per risolvere eventuali problemi che potresti avere quando ti connetti a un gioco EA.

Procedure per la risoluzione dei problemi di connessione