Re: Sims 4 my sims are disappearing!

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 my sims are disappearing!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have been playing the Sims 4 since it's release and have finally gotten to where some of my Sims are old enough to die I suppose. But I have encountered a problem. My son got married and I moved him out into a house and played his house for a couple days until his wife gave birth. I go back out and find that my mother (his grandmother) had died and there is no urn or gravestone for her and no one is sad that she died and there was no notification that she died. I can see her in the relationship panel of my sims and she is grayed out and says deceased. My sister in law on the other hand who was also at the wedding has completely disappeared. She isn't showing up in anyone's relationship panel. Her own husband and children don't have her there. She's just gone like she never existed. What is going on?????!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 7 (54,366 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Long thread on the issue here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/My-sims-disappeared/m-p/3463057

Please post there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (59,922 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Same here Frown
I was done, done making all my friends and family and my brothers dad as well as my father (two different guys) dissappeared, this is after, my brothers dad's new wife dissappeared. But they didn't die. and it didn't say "deceased" or anything... it's just weird. I had that happen before, the first day I got the game, and I thought it'd be okay now that we've had two updates.. but apparently not. -.-
Smh. It's a cool game and all, but that is definately a bug that should have been fixed before release. this is HIGHLY frustrating Frown

Message 2 of 7 (54,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

you can go to setting to change, other people wont get old when you are not playing them, then they wont get birth.

Message 3 of 7 (54,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with the gravestone issue. I was having the disappearing sims problem but I figured it out. If you don't communicate with another sim for a while their picture will disappear from the sims you know. Basically, you're relationship gets so low that your sims aren't even considered acquiantances anymore, so you hve to restart the relationship.

Message 4 of 7 (54,164 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had three Sims disappear now, too. They are NOT dying. Their household panel is still in the Household Managment control panel, and it says they are still in their worlds. If I had known they disappeared, I wouldn't have saved (I save often, to a particular game our forum is working on). This has happened with three different Sims, by three different people, in three different houses.

If I try to move that Sim back in (by use of the Library), it ask me if I want to MERGE the housholds, but there is not a Sim there with whom to merge the same Sim (sigh). In the Household Management control panel, the Sim's panel tells me I can't move that Sim out, since it doesn't exist...yet the panel still exists.

The only thing I can do is delete the Sim through Household Management, then move in a fresh copy of the Sim from the Library.

My Sim this time it happened is a write, who had already written several books. I had put those books into the bookcase, since she seemed to want to leave them everywhere she went, rather than keeping them to self-publish or publish (which I just figured out, finally). So when I deleted the non-existing Sim and moved in the same sim via the Library, the house still held her previously-written books.

I thought I'd try it, and sure enough, she was then able to publish those books, even though she, herself, had never written them. They had her name on them, in the bookcase, and when they were put into her inventory and she ran out to the mailbox, bingo! She was able to self-publish the books! That was nice, since she wasn't able to reclaim anything else from her previous life! (another sigh)

A friend of mine has had the same thing happen...Sims just randomly disappearing out of her world. I believe it's definitely some sort of a glitch.

Message 5 of 7 (54,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've lost 5 Sims all at once! I had 7 sims in one house, left to play another household and when I've returned only 2 sims are still there! They aren't in the other sims relationship panels and they haven't moved to another lot or onto the unplayed household list. They have completely disappeared from the game. So frustrating =(

Message 6 of 7 (54,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Long thread on the issue here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/My-sims-disappeared/m-p/3463057

Please post there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (59,923 Views)