Sims 4 Error Code 533 Failure to Save

by theburglar1337

Original Post

Sims 4 Error Code 533 Failure to Save

★ Novice

I am having a problem with the Sims 4. This only happened when I installed Get Together and it seems like there is an event tied to not being able to save (maybe completing a milestone or completing a book? I'm not sure because there's so much going on when it happens). I don't know what to do and it is really frustrating!

Message 1 of 15 (11,442 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Error Code 533 Failure to Save

Have a look at this page:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/04/save-error-531/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 15 (11,426 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's not 531, it's 533. Going to Manage Neighborhood allows me to save (no error) but when I reload it hasn't actually saved and I get the previous save point.

I've seen it a half dozen times. No consistency as to what causes it. There's no events, group gatherings, etc. that are happening every time it fails.

Message 3 of 15 (11,353 Views)

★ Novice

I did some looking around on the lot to see if there were any objects that were popping up (like a gnome, dirty dishes, etc) that could be messing it up. Then I realized that after I payed bills through the computer, I couldn't save. I rebooted the save and tried specifically saving, then paying bills through the computer, and saving again. I couldn't save after I payed the bills. I tried it again but paying the bills through the mail box. Couldn't save. Tried it via phone. Still couldn't save.

I'm about 99% it's paying the bills that is glitching out the saving mechanism.

Message 4 of 15 (11,348 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just ran into it again - no bills paid.

I'm not paying close enough attention because I don't expect it when it does pop up, but it seems to me that when I manage to save after a 533 error (after going to manage worlds or transporting to a different lot) that when it reloads it's a mixed save. The location is correct, but everything else is as it was on the previous good save. So my child sim maxes a skill in the evening, I get a 533, go to a park, successfully save. When I reload the skill is back at where it was on the previous good save, my child sim is at the park where I saved last even though she should be in school (at 9:30 am), and the day is the one I got a 533 on. That's if I'm remembering correctly.

Message 5 of 15 (11,335 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (11,328 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wouldn't know how to do that - dropbox, etc.

Coming back from change appearance reverts to the last good save, too. I would say clubs have something to do with it, since it usually happens during a club meeting. But then I'm usually having a club meeting - they're great for skilling.

Going to start ripping out CC and mods until it works again. 

Message 7 of 15 (11,310 Views)

★ Apprentice

MB Faster Showers

MB Faster Eating

Works fine once I take them out. How showering or eating causes a save issue is beyond me.

Message 8 of 15 (11,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Mods need updating with every patch. Make sure to only put back what's updated.

What about you @theburglar1337 are you also using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (11,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi All

I have the same problem. I'm playing the sims 4 + get together. No mods.

This error appears very random. Don't know what might be the trigger.

Any suggestions what should I check?

Cheers

Message 10 of 15 (11,220 Views)