Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text - FIX

by ZeroFish122

Original Post

Re: The sims 4 random letters and numbers replace english words. ***81E3EFEA***

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rebecca-Carey @MalfoySnape 

Merged. If it's just that interaction, it could be an outdated mod, otherwise, reinstall your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 251 of 1,152 (7,802 Views)

Re: The sims 4 random letters and numbers replace english words. ***81E3EFEA***

★★ Novice

Hi there.

I am just reinstalling my game now. Hopefully it works. Fingers crossed 

Message 252 of 1,152 (7,795 Views)

*** DA976685 ***

★ Novice

I am getting this code on The Curator satisfaction. I am also getting other codes instead of words on other items all with *** CODE ***

what is causing this?

Message 253 of 1,152 (7,792 Views)

Re: *** DA976685 ***

Hero

@Hudz750 Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 254 of 1,152 (7,784 Views)

What codes mean...

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Since the careers update i now have codes all over the place instead of text!! Im really not happy about it!!

Anyway, could anyone tell me what the codes mean as im unable to complete asperations and goals because i dont know what its telling me to do.

Example..

59C18326

648FE196

47563F96

Any ideas what these translate into?

Id love all the code meanings if anybody knows them

Thanx

PlayerNoodle35

Message 255 of 1,152 (7,744 Views)

Re: What codes mean...

Hero

@PlayerNoodle35 Please refer to the first page of this thread. You need to reinstall the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 256 of 1,152 (7,738 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text - FIX

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

FIX:

The problem seems to lay in Origin's updating service (which ignores the language-specific files sometimes) and not The Sims 4. To fix this problem follow these steps:

• Close Origin (Click on "Origin" again and click "Exit")
  • Navigate to Origin's game install directory (default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games")
  • Click on "The Sims 4" folder and press F2 and rename to "The Sims 4 Backup"
  • Open Origin again
  • Origin should think Sims 4 is not installed! This is normal. Click on Sims 4 and click Download. Accept all the popups asking language ect.
  • The game should now say "Downloading: 0%". At this point, close Origin again (Click Origin > Exit)
  • Go back to the installation folder and DELETE the new folder that says "The Sims 4"
  • Click on "The Sims 4 Backup" and press F2. Rename this back to "The Sims 4"
  • Open Origin again.
  • Origin will recognise the files and force an update on the game

Happy Simming!

Fish

Message 257 of 1,152 (7,733 Views)

Sims 4 strange in game code (***76A7E4F6***)

★ Novice

Since the swimming pool update for Sims 4 a lot of the words in the game no longer appear and have been replaced with something like ***648FE196***. None of the words relating to the swimming items/clothes/actions appear and show something like that instead. All of the descriptions for pool products like the ladder just says ***DEBUG***. I could still use the items fine so I didn't mind it. Now after another patch update more words are missing and is affecting game play. Instead of showing what I have to do to advance in a career or gain points it shows the number and letter combination instead. I've no idea what they need to do. Sometimes when a sim is promoted or moves up the actions now don't change. Like if they get to logic level 5 and are promoted it stays saying they still need to get to logic level 5 to gain another promotion.

What can I do to fix this other than uninstalling the game and losing everything?

Message 258 of 1,152 (7,719 Views)

Re: Sims 4 strange in game code (***76A7E4F6***)

Hero

@xSHEDWARDx Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 259 of 1,152 (7,703 Views)

[Info Request] Bug on the latest patch

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I've noticed people complaining about this problem with the Pools patch, but I had no issue with that one. It's with the latest, the one that adds the Business and Fitness career.

Everything related to both careers shows up as a code, not as words, even the career rewards, the action choice that shows up sometimes when the sim is at work, and promotion requirements. It's either an alphanumeric code, or "***DEBUG***"

I've been able to play it nonetheless, figuring out what is what or picking at random, but I haven't read of another person with the same problem as me. I figure it'll get fixed with the next patch but I wanted to ask about it anyways.

Message 260 of 1,152 (5,122 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help