More work woes

by Truet318

Original Post

Sims cannot be "brought to current location"

★★★★★ Guide

If some of my Sims are away from the home lot when other Sims return home from work, there are no options to allow those Sims to "come to the current location", "care for self", "work on skill", or anything really. In fact, one of my Sims became revenous for want of food - obviously not caring for his needs autonomously after returning to the home lot after work.

Vanilla digital deluxe game - no mods or CC.

i7 Windows 7 8MB RAM, NVidia 550ti 8MB Graphic RAM.

Message 21 of 60 (1,016 Views)

Re: Sims cannot be "brought to current location"

Hero

@JasonVega2 Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 60 (1,008 Views)

More work woes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

There are several issues concerning work since the december patch in addition to  the job panel not registering that a sim has the right level of skill for promotion.

The first is that the promotion bar moves a lot slower after the patch to the point that it is unlikely that a sim with a normal lifespan will reach the top of their career before they reach elderhood or even death without the use of aspiration rewards. even if you are sending to work each day in the right mood, their daily task completed and ordering them to work hard.

In addition if the active sim is not on the home lot while the sim is at work the sim who is working will not take care of basic needs such as hunger and bladder.

at work

after work

Compare this to the same sim's needs when the home lot was loaded while she was at work.

family at home while working

This had a dramatic effect on her work progress.

Park loaded

home loaded

This is in addtion to the slow work progress I noted above, you get that even if you never load any other lots.

Not only that a sim who arrives home from work or school doesn't have the controls that other sims who are not on the same lot have (so you don't have the option to bring the sims to where you or are or for them to take car of their needs etc) and their needs will continue to decay until you send the sim who is away home.

After several hours

I don't have any mods in my game.

Message 23 of 60 (1,033 Views)

Re: More work woes

Hero

@Truet318 Merged with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 60 (1,000 Views)

Travelling and unable to interact with sim that just got home from work.

★★★ Apprentice

Whenever I travel with a sim in my household and one or more sims are at work and arrives home when my target sim is still out and about they are greyed out without that lightning thing that makes me micromanage them with "Bring Simname here", "care for self" etc. The Sims I leave at the house when I travel are not affected, only the ones coming home from work gets this bug. I have to phone them over if I want them to come, which is atleast a workaround, but its weird.

Also if I leave an area with many sims by the "Go home" button some of them seems to have arrived hours before the last one arriving. Busy sleeping, building skills or doing weird stuff. If I want them all to come home at the fairly same time I have to use the phone to move them to my home lot.

Message 25 of 60 (1,000 Views)

Re: Travelling and unable to interact with sim that just got home from work.

Hero

@Amiarah Merged with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 60 (990 Views)

Re: Cannot Travel With or Bring Housemate Here

★★★★★ Guide

This one happens to me when I have a Sim (or Sims) at a public lot when other Sims are coming home from work. There are no "Bring Sim here", "Care for self", "Work on skill" kinds of interactions avaiable for them - nothing at all - and they *don't* care for themselves. They don't feed themselves, shower, sleep, or anything, which can put them in a right awful state!

Most concerning is that there is no "Switch control to Sim" interaction. The only way I can restore interactions with the stuck Sims at home is to send all my Sims back to the home lot.

Message 27 of 60 (987 Views)

Hero

@JasonVega2 Moved your thread to the bug report of this error

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 60 (983 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Today was a update... still EA/Maxis did't fix that frustrating bug. Comon!

Message 29 of 60 (976 Views)

Hero

Are you going by the patch notes or did you check ingame ? Patch Notes do not always include everything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 60 (974 Views)