Re: wont install on windows 8

by crinrict

Original Post

wont install on windows 8

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to install it on my new windows 8 and the Origin window just pops up and asks if I want to install.  When I hit install it just starts to install but never stops. I just want to install to my computer and play but I always have to go through Origin which doesn't work.  I would return the game if I could just to not have to go through the trouble anymore.

Message 1 of 6 (598 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Did you buy the disc or download version ? Do you have a working Internet connection ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the disc.  When I click Run Autorun it goes to a "click to install" screen, opens origin and never stops installing.  I've tried reinstalling many time but just get the same response.  I do have an internet connection, and the origin program works fine, just wont install game.  Cant I just do a normal install without origin?

Message 3 of 6 (585 Views)

Hero

It depends a bit when you bought the base game. 

I have all disc version, bough the base game back in 2009 and don't even have Origin installed on my computer. Except the not being able to connect to Origin message, I have no issues.

I do hear that newer base game versions require Origin though. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my one is exactly the same. I can not get the game to install after the origin is installed. its really annoying. I've downloaded the patch but it will only help if sims 3 is installed but it can not install

@rhannon86 wrote:

I've been trying to install it on my new windows 8 and the Origin window just pops up and asks if I want to install.  When I hit install it just starts to install but never stops. I just want to install to my computer and play but I always have to go through Origin which doesn't work.  I would return the game if I could just to not have to go through the trouble anymore.

Message 5 of 6 (545 Views)

Hero

What error are you getting ? What is your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (541 Views)