why the hell can't I play Sims 3 on MY desktop?

by avikingbear

Original Post

why the hell can't I play Sims 3 on MY desktop?

★★★ Newbie

My wife and I bought Sims 3.  We came home and installed it on the computer... Why the hell can't I play it??  She plays it from her desktop... why can't I play it from my desktop?????  I have an Origin account, and obviously, she does, too, but why the hell can't I play???  This is OUR game, and why the **bleep** should we not both be able to play it?

Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)

Re: why the hell can't I play Sims 3 on MY desktop?

Hero

You can only play it with her account. It's registered to one account and one account only.

You should be able to install it from her account and login with her data and then play it but not at the same time as she does.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is utterly ridiculous!  We're married, not illegally distributing the game!  WHY the hell should we not be able to play via our own accounts?!?  I want to have my own accomplishments through my own account and it's bull**bleep** that we shouldn't be able to BOTH play on our own desktops through our own accounts!  
There is NO reason that I should be forced to play through my wife's account!  We're playing on the same computer!
EA needs to fix this problem.  

Message 3 of 4 (196 Views)

Hero

Cause you bought a single player license. I doubt that they will fix it.

If you want to discuss this with EA, please contact a game advisor. AnswerHQ is about users helping users

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Click on Contact a game advisor 
  4. Describe your issue with a few words
  5. Click on Find a Solution
  6. Select Product: ex: The Sims 3 or Origin
  7. Select Issue Type: ex: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  8. Select Platform: PC
  9. Click Find solution
  10. Scroll down and click I still need help
  11. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (187 Views)