why can i download any cc except for skins?

by lynbill

Original Post

why can i download any cc except for skins?

★ Novice

Whenever I download any custom content, it works just fine, except for when I'm trying to get a skin. When I try to open the file so it can be installed into my game, nothing happens. It doesn't appear in the launcher or anything. I've tried getting rid of storage, trying to download different skins, and nothing seems to work. I'm not sure why.

Message 1 of 2 (341 Views)

Re: why can i download any cc except for skins?

@lynbill  What kind of files are these skins?  I'm sure you know that files have to be unzipped before being installed, but files that end in .package can't be read by the launcher either.  You'll need to put these files in Mods\Packages, just like you would with a mod.

If the files are Sims3Packs, what happens if you put them inside the game's Downloads folder (the full path is Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads) and then open the launcher?  Do they appear in the launcher's Downloads tab?  If not, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents, open the launcher to create a new game folder, and try again.  If this works, I can type out instructions for installing and then transferring the new skins into the old game folder; just let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (326 Views)