Re: toddlers causeing lag?

by roberta591

Original Post

toddlers causeing lag?

★★ Novice

It took me a while to make the connection, but every time my sims have even one toddler in the house, everyone takes forever to do anything. Sims will stand in front of whatever they are supposed to be interacting with for HOURS. The same thing happens in the daycare centers. It takes the entire workday to change feed and tickle one toddler. As soon as the toddlers age up, or go home, the problem is gone. The issue here is that I don't want to skip the toddler stage, but I can't really play the game with them. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (1,167 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Theshire123  Is your computer a pc or mac? Do you have any cc or mods in the game? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag   thank you

Message 2 of 9 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am on a Mac with no cc or mods, mostly because I can't seem to install them, but that's a different problem.

Message 3 of 9 (1,153 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry about the black highlight in that reply. Not sure where that came from.

Message 4 of 9 (1,152 Views)

@Theshire123

Just fixed the black highlight for you Standard smile

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 9 (1,127 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry about the delayed reply. I am running 10.7.5 OSC Lion with 4 GB of running memory. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,094 Views)

@Theshire123

That's not enough info, please provide everything asked for in the link I provided.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 9 (1,092 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, I meant OSX Lion. I was typing on my Tablet. Screenshots of the other information are attached to this post, but the "About this Mac" info is broken up, so I could exclude the serial number. Also, there are apparently two graphics cards, so I will just type in the last of the "About this Mac" info because I can only attach three files. That would be the software which is MAC OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63). Thank you, and once again, I am sorry for the time it took me to reply.

Message 8 of 9 (990 Views)

@Theshire123

Thanks. Can you try a brand new game? Move your Sims 4 folder to your desktop and launch the game. Don't change any settings in-game but create a one parent family with toddler and play them for a while. Do you still get the lag?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (967 Views)