sims3 keeps freezing

by Marsho0707

Original Post

Highlighted

sims3 keeps freezing

★★★ Newbie

What happens is my game just freezes every 5 secs for about 2 secs even if i'm not in a game and i'm in the main menu it keeps doing it. Ever since I bought seasons dlc and Late Night this has been occurring. I have tried all the fixes and nothing has changed. For now I'm gonna stop playing. I have checked task manager and I have plenty of ram not in use same with everything else. When i'm playing and it freezes my disk usage stays the same too.

My hardware:

Intel Core I5 8400

8GB ADATA Premier Ram

GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4GB

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

I have tried fixes such as resetSim and changing the game priority in task manager but nothing has changed

A reply would be appreciated

Message 1 of 4 (559 Views)

Re: sims3 keeps freezing

@Marsho0707  As I'm sure you know, your hardware is more than capable of running TS3 on high settings.  But a bit more information would be helpful.  A dxdiag will list other details like driver dates and free storage, as well as the last ten errors that Windows has thrown.  You can run one and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the world(s) in which you're currently playing, and whether you're using any saves that you started before introducing the new packs.  And I'm also wondering about TS3's use in the Task Manager.  Please check it right after you load the game and the clock runs for a few sim-minutes, then again 30-60 real time minutes later.  If you're seeing memory use in percentages, right-click on the heading to switch to absolute numbers.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started a new world, its the one from late night. Here's the dxdiag

Message 3 of 4 (481 Views)

@Marsho0707  There are quite a few errors in your dxdiag from failed Windows updates.  You could update your system to Windows 10 build 1809, but it's not clear that this is the issue.  There aren't any TS3 errors showing, but then again the dxdiag only lists the last ten errors.

Since there isn't anything obvious, it would help if you could test the game with a few variables eliminated:

• Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.
  • Before playing, disconnect your computer from the internet—pull the ethernet cable and/or turn off wifi.  If you launch TS3 through Origin, sign in and put it in offline mode first.
  • Start a new game in Sunset Valley.  Pick a random premade family and start playing without spending any time in Create a Sim.

If you're still seeing lag/freezing, check your in-game frame rates: Bring up the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and enter "fps on" without quotes.  If the number is excessively high, which it probably is, you can turn vsync on using the built-in Nvidia Control Panel.  If that alone doesn't work, use Nvidia Inspector (free download) to explicitly cap fps at 60, the refresh rate of your monitor.  Then repeat the above test.

Let me know whether this makes any difference, and we can go from there.  Please also list the other packs you have installed, if any.  And after you've tested a couple of times, if the game is still having issues, please run a new dxdiag right away; hopefully it will list TS3-specific errors this time around.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (476 Views)