Re: sims disappearing and not responding

by itzzlucyy

Original Post

★★★ Novice

it says no problem found and that my memory is 8192MB RAM

Message 11 of 18 (1,261 Views)

@itzzlucyy  I'm asking you to upload the whole file so I can read it for myself.  Your RAM is not the issue here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 18 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have attached it

Message 13 of 18 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have attached it

Message 14 of 18 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]

@itzzlucyy  Okay, you have plenty of storage.  But your graphics card is actually pretty weak for TS3, and so is your processor.  I don't know which packs you have installed besides Late Night, but the most demanding ones—Pets, Seasons, then Into the Future and Island Paradise—would likely be too much for your hardware to handle.  Late Night, on the other hand, is relatively gentle, and stuff packs (like High-End Loft Stuff) don't add much to overhead.

Since you were initially able to play on this computer, the best thing to do is just to be careful, both with your saves and with your laptop in general.

• Monitor the heat produced by your laptop, and elevate it while playing, or buy a cooling pad if necessary.  It should never get too hot to touch.
  • Avoid testingcheatsenabled object-deletes of sims, although non-sim objects can be deleted this way.
  • Also avoid using moveobjects on to move sims.
  • Turn down some of your graphics options, particularly water and high-detail lots, the most demanding ones.  (I have a strong dedicated graphics card, and I leave these at "mirrors only" and 2, respectively.)  Other options, like sim detail, are less demanding and can be raised to medium.
  • Turn off memories as well; they'll only bloat your saves and make them take longer to load going forward.
  • Regularly delete the five cache files in your game folder; many of us do so every time we quit the game.  These files (CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache) fill up with stale data even when you're not having game issues.

At this point, you might want to just start fresh with a clean game folder.  That will remove all traces of corruption that might linger in your previous folder.  Pull this game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, and a new one will spawn with no content the next time you launch your game.  Then you can copy any unaffected saves over, as well as your Library folder, where you'll find the files corresponding to the sims and builds you've saved in-game.  For a more thorough explanation of the various files in your game folder, please see crinrict's guide:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Message 15 of 18 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

Honestly thank you so much for your help! It’s been bugging me ever since it started. Im

going to delete the towns and start fresh so will I still need to delete files if so which ones?

@puzzlezaddict

Message 16 of 18 (1,231 Views)

@itzzlucyy  If you delete the Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, everything will be gone—your saves (towns), your created sims, your installed store and custom content.  Of course, you can redownload store items for free, and you can go back and find your cc if you want.  And if you'd like to keep the original sims that you created, you can—just copy over the Library folder inside your game folder before you delete it.

When you launch TS3 with no game folder present, a new one will be created, and it will be like you never played before.  No corruption, no saves, nothing.

Message 17 of 18 (2,511 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you so so much!! everything is fine!

Message 18 of 18 (1,217 Views)