Re: sims 3 pets

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 pets

★★ Newbie

I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to ask,but anyways

ok so, I bought sims 3 on steam with a pet expansion, and made an account so I can log in and keep my games. 

Than I got a new computer and when I logged in, all my world were gone!

what gives?!

was there something I forgot to do? or am I only allowed to play on my worlds on the computer that I created them in?

Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

Accepted Solution

@esmeraldaureta15  Which worlds are gone?  If you mean your saves, you'd have to transfer them from your old computer to your new one.  Saves aren't stored by EA, Steam, or any other external hosting site.  You can transfer saves and other content (besides store stuff, which you'd need to redownload) using an external hard drive or a cloud storage account.  This would also be true of custom worlds you've used, although in that case it might be better to redownload the world files from their original sources.

If you're talking about worlds you bought on the Sims 3 Store site, you'll have to redownload them from the store.  The files in which store content is stored don't transfer properly, as they are encrypted.  But everything you've already bought, including worlds, should still be available (for free) in your purchase history.

If your account is missing content that you bought, you'll need to contact EA customer support.  No one here can see the details of your account, much less fix an error like that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (270 Views)

All Replies

@esmeraldaureta15  Which worlds are gone?  If you mean your saves, you'd have to transfer them from your old computer to your new one.  Saves aren't stored by EA, Steam, or any other external hosting site.  You can transfer saves and other content (besides store stuff, which you'd need to redownload) using an external hard drive or a cloud storage account.  This would also be true of custom worlds you've used, although in that case it might be better to redownload the world files from their original sources.

If you're talking about worlds you bought on the Sims 3 Store site, you'll have to redownload them from the store.  The files in which store content is stored don't transfer properly, as they are encrypted.  But everything you've already bought, including worlds, should still be available (for free) in your purchase history.

If your account is missing content that you bought, you'll need to contact EA customer support.  No one here can see the details of your account, much less fix an error like that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)