sims 3 neighbourhood problem

by jordantan05

Original Post

Re: sims 3 neighbourhood problem

★ Apprentice

yeah i guess you're right since i went back to my household to build it in world editor and all my family members are differently named

Message 11 of 24 (498 Views)

★ Apprentice

also any precautions before attempting to backup a save?

Message 12 of 24 (497 Views)

@jordantan05  You're not going to break anything by using the backup save, as long as you rename it (so you don't have two entries with the same name).  But I'd copy the backup before playing with it, just in case you need to use that copy later.  Also make sure to delete the five cache files I mentioned earlier, even if you've done so already.  They'll have data from your broken save in them, and it's better not to expose your backup save to that data.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 24 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice

wait how does it use the backup save as your main save do i have to delete the other save folder? i did it and it used my old folder

Message 14 of 24 (462 Views)

@jordantan05  I already explained how to allow the game to read your backup folder:

In Saves inside your game folder (the full path is Documents\EA\TS3\Saves), you'll see a folder for your save game (say, SunsetValley.sims3), and another folder with the same name but a backup extension (SunsetValley.sims3.backup).  Delete the extension and rename the folder (i.e. SunsetValley1.sims3), and that save will be avaliable to load from the Main Menu.

And no, you don't have to delete your original save.  You can have a number saves available at once at the Main Menu.  Just click on the one you want to load and press the check mark.

Message 15 of 24 (450 Views)

★ Apprentice

i already changed the extension but it still uses my old save (sunset valley 13 for example) my new save is paul taken from my sim's name do i have to delete the extension for the sunset valley 13 save?

Message 16 of 24 (437 Views)

@jordantan05  Your new save should be available to load as long as it's still in your Saves folder, inside your game folder in Documents, and its folder has a label ending in .sims3.  For example, if you look in saves and see Sunset Valley 13.sims3 and Sunset Valley 14.sims3, both should be available to load.  At the Main Menu, you should see both options along the bottom of the window.  But you can take the bad save out if you want, and then the older save will be the only one showing.

Message 17 of 24 (435 Views)

★ Apprentice

ah i see i thought it was going to replace my broken save apparently it made a new save so i got confused so thanks

Message 18 of 24 (422 Views)

★ Apprentice

now i got a another problem my time machine keeps making sounds even though im not even using it and its off its * irritating and when i go to the future the loading is always stuck this game is broken as hell 

Message 19 of 24 (415 Views)

@jordantan05  Traveling is always a bit precarious in an unmodded game.  The travel transition is fragile and breaks easily, in both directions.  There are ways to cut down the risk of game-breaking issues, but there's no guarantee of success.  Still, minimizing the other demands on the game engine may help:

• Quit to desktop right before traveling, and clear your cache files (again)
  • Turn off the hidden object interactive loading screens and the in-game shop mode
  • In fact, try playing completely offline.  If you play through Origin, sign in and then go into offline mode
  • Temporarily turn down your graphics options to the minimum settings.  You can turn them back up when your sims arrive safely
  • Keep your sims' personal inventories as empty as possible.  A handful of items is fine; a hundred is not

It's also a good idea in general to keep memories off, since they add significantly to the amount of data contained in a save.  And you can clean out your FeaturedItems folder inside your game folder in Documents—the files in there are just ads from the game's shop mode.  Plus, if you have anything in your CurrentGame folder, delete it.  That folder should always be empty when you're not playing.

The only other thing you can do is keep trying.  If the travel transition fails, quit to desktop, delete your cache files (and anything in CurrentGame), and reload.  Hopefully it works the next time around, but there's never any guarantee.

Message 20 of 24 (409 Views)